+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Democracy

One thing uniting leave and remain right now is the view that our democratic process is ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It looks increasingly likely that Labour - who have banged on about wanting a General Election since the last one - will now sit on their hands and decline an offer of one by BoJo out of fear that the public might strengthen his hand.

They are not thinking this through. Suppose the rebel alliance gets its way and passes a law that requires BoJo to go to Brussels to ask for an extension, how do they think that will work? He goes, he says 'I'm told to ask for an extension. I don't know why Parliament wants one, I don't know what Parliament are planning to do with any extra time. I can see no evidence of any consensus in Parliament as to what to do and can't see how the position will change'

That will go down well.
    BoJo could simply go to one of the 27 who support the stance of BoJo to leave the EU and ask them to vote against an extension and because any extension has to be agreed by all 27 countries any extension would be stopped.

This would only leave us with yet another 3 months of just sat about doing nothing and still be in the EU. ****ing thick ****s who do not want to leave will kill this country.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Good post. On a practical level, what compromise are you looking for from the EU? Signs are that they will lose the backstop if there was the solution Boris claims there is. Why do you think he won't publish details of his solution?

If that alone was changed, would you leave with the rest of the WA intact? I fear many, including Boris, have no intention of compromise along these lines, and even if he is, many behind him I don't think are. Possibly enough to get through parliament though, and I'd be willing to support it if he had the solution so be good if he would kindly publish his details for scrutiny don't you think?
    This is not true at all and Boris has said that the way it could be done is in a report that any MP can go and see at anytime they want he just does not want to make it public knowledge before the EU have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Remainers idea of "democracy" is to ignore a democratic vote and hand the country over to an undemocratic foreign power.

It's hilarious.
    It would be funny if it weren't true.

I wish Boris would publish the detail of his solutions to the backstop. All evidence points to tech not being available that would solve that border issue at this point. But he seems to think that it’s possible. Why can’t he just publish the ideas for scrutiny? Clearly his own party rebels came out of the meeting today with him, having asked him about his plans, thinking that he hasn’t got one, therefore he’s simply stalling towards a no deal. It seems clear that this front of using No Deal as a bargaining point has no basis at all – just wants the No Deal.

!
    2 Minutes in. You might find this interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    This is not true at all and Boris has said that the way it could be done is in a report that any MP can go and see at anytime they want he just does not want to make it public knowledge before the EU have seen it.
    Really? Why not publish it so that we, the public, can scrutinise it, and if feasable can support it with him?

Interesting though. Never heard of this. Where do you get the info that such a report exists?

And why, if this is available for mps, has it not become public knowledge already? There is no way that mps would keep that to themselves surely?

Really? Why not publish it so that we, the public, can scrutinise it, and if feasable can support it with him?

Interesting though. Never heard of this. Where do you get the info that such a report exists?

And why, if this is available for mps, has it not become public knowledge already? There is no way that mps would keep that to themselves surely?
    I have been watching it all day live on the web and Boris has said to any MP who raised that question that they can see the document that has been available for MP's to read for some time and all they have to do is go get it.

Also the Brexiteers have said that this technology exist since day one but the remoaners have always said that it would not work and rubbished it.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 03-09-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Remainers idea of "democracy" is to ignore a democratic vote and hand the country over to an undemocratic foreign power.

It's hilarious.
    Unfortunately the undemocratic foreign power are already in control of us and some of our 'democratic ' representatives will try everything to stop us leaving. I think it's scary rather than funny.

Juncker said last April 'use your time wisely'. For 80% of the time nothing's happened and for the last 20% the country is back at war with itself. Nothing's changed, same old squabbling over who can get the upper hand to further their careers.

Just been watching the circus on news at 10, with the chief clown Bercow announcing the latest vote result.

Cringeworthy

Thats it then. Remoaners get their way and screw the 17.4 million people who won the referendum. I hope all you that went on those rallies to protest the queens speech and those MP's who voted against the gov tonight get everything they deserve.

Hopefully they will think about what they have done tonight and tomorrow they change their mind. I doubt it tho.

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast