+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was merely a reference to the reports that said we could have paid £100,000 for him a couple of months back, nothing more or less than that. I said at the time that he would be a decent addition, but not if it meant paying a fee. As for mind-reading, my advice would be to stick to your goats. I 'suppose' you'll find them a more of a match intellectually.
    You started off so well....I had actually wondered if the SUPPOSE was in reference to the mythical 100k bit, rather than the signing of Noble ie possibly good, possibly not.....thank you for enlightening us.

As for the finish, the neat segue into the various merits of animal husbandry....was there honestly any need for it, or about my supposed Intelligence Quotient?.....not really, was there?

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The talk of him being a replacement for Grant when he goes is quite funny, how many times has Grant played centre mid for us? How many times did Noble play on the wing for us? (Actually I do remember a terrible spell under someone where he was kind of played left mid but lets not go there)

He might take Yates' place in the team but I won't lose any sleep over that. If Grant does go back to Forest then Noble wouldn't be anything like the player to replace him as they're both completely different, though they do both score goals from midfield and create, they do it from different areas of the pitch and have much different resposibilities.
    The way I've always seen Grant, is as an attacking, creative, midfielder rather than as an out-n-out winger like Hawk or Aless....the normal pairing in midfield so far, has been Yates, with either Hewitt or Milsom....so maybe KN sees Noble as a straight replacement for Yates...or (if he doesn't return to Forest) as a partner to Yates?.....KN has tried Walker there a few times, and it hasn't really worked....so LN just gives him more options IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Absolutely. I'm sure AH made the comment on Twitter regarding Noble "...that ship has sailed" ?

Jury is out on this for me, I agree we need some steel in midfield but I'm not convinced he provided us with much of that last time he was here other than being a bit of a hot head.

Personally I wouldn't have had him back, that said he can score a goal and I'm hoping that KN and his team will get the best out of him . . . or else it ends in tears I tell ye!
    What he said.[/QUOTE]

September 30th:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 Sep 30

Alan Hardy Retweeted Joseph Leivers

That boat has sailed, don’t worry

Alan Hardy added,
    Joseph Leivers @JosephLeivers
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    In his last performance as a @Official_NCFC player I was ashamed We've moved on and certainly don't need him

October 12th:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 4h4 hours ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Notts County FC

Got our man in the end 👏👏👏

Alan Hardy added,
    Notts County FCVerified account @Official_NCFC
    🤝 | #Notts have agreed to re-sign midfielder Liam Noble on an 18-month contract from 1 January: http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/noblerejoins
    31 replies 16 retweets 137 likes

Had no idea why we seemed willing to splash a big fee on him, but on a free transfer it's a signing with very little risk attached.

There's clearly a player in there somewhere and if Nolan, who played the same position to an incredibly high standard, thinks he can get that out of him consistently then why not give it a go?

The good thing is that we aren't going to be relying on him. Yates, Milsom and Hewitt have all had very good seasons in that position, so if they keep it up Noble is going to have to start playing to a very high standard just to get in the team, let alone stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What he said.
    September 30th:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 Sep 30

Alan Hardy Retweeted Joseph Leivers

That boat has sailed, don’t worry

Alan Hardy added,
    Joseph Leivers @JosephLeivers
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    In his last performance as a @Official_NCFC player I was ashamed We've moved on and certainly don't need him

October 12th:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5 4h4 hours ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Notts County FC

Got our man in the end ������

Alan Hardy added,
    Notts County FCVerified account @Official_NCFC
    �� | #Notts have agreed to re-sign midfielder Liam Noble on an 18-month contract from 1 January: http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/noblerejoins
    31 replies 16 retweets 137 likes
    [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Brexit talks....no progress, no progress, more hopeful etc.....maybe AH should get a part-time role helping out the UK Government....offer the EU 30 Billion, then walk away from the talks stating..... "that ship has sailed"........then settle on a box of Cornish pasties and a crate of Dorset Scrumpy!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    As for the finish, the neat segue into the various merits of animal husbandry....was there honestly any need for it, or about my supposed Intelligence Quotient?.....not really, was there?
    No need for it at all. That bit was purely for my personal amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No need for it at all. That bit was purely for my personal amusement.
    Glad to be of assistance in shining a beam of light into your day.

I knew a guy once that had difficulty in communicating his true thoughts.....I said to him "give me a specific example"

"This morning" he said "I came down for breakfast and said to my wife"...."what a beautiful woman you are, I'm glad I married you all those years ago"

I said to him "I don't understand"?

He said "What I really wanted to say...was"............."do you know you've ruined the last 25 years of my life, you fat pig.......I wish I'd married your sister"

I'm off out for the day Elite....it's been great chatting to you.....have a nice day!!

I'm a bit baffled by the several references to the possibility of Yates returning to Forest. As far as I can recall, there was a clause in Grant's loan deal that said Forest could recall him in January, but I don't remember there being anything similar when we signed Yates. I thought he was here for the whole of this season.

Personally, I don't see LN as the bad guy in any of this. To my mind the very shifty Mr. Cooper is the one with some explaining to do regarding the shady way he went about conning Notts and getting Liam Noble to Forest Green in the first instance. That was the dodgy part IMHO. Mind you. I suspect he's having to do some major explaining to his new chairman down there right now.

I welcome young Mr Noble back to the Lane and wish him all the best with us. On his day he's undoubtedly a very skilful player. Let's hope he has his day on our matchdays from January onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Absolutely. I'm sure AH made the comment on Twitter regarding Noble "...that ship has sailed" ?

Jury is out on this for me, I agree we need some steel in midfield but I'm not convinced he provided us with much of that last time he was here other than being a bit of a hot head.

Personally I wouldn't have had him back, that said he can score a goal and I'm hoping that KN and his team will get the best out of him . . . or else it ends in tears I tell ye!
    What he said.[/QUOTE]

It's becoming increasingly obvious that we can ignore anything that AH "tweets" why he bothers I don't know? but Noble for 100k or Noble for nowt are 2 completely different things imo. If we now sign him it will be on our terms & the contract should have clauses regarding future conduct issues included, as others have posted, there is a very useful/talented player in there somewhere.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast