+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Takeover off

Gutting doesn't sum it up - apperently, it was a push from other clubs (led mainly by Scousers and spuds) that didn't want it to go through.

I don't know where my head is at with this at hte minute to be honest.

I guarentee PIF come in for a London club it'll be waved through in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Gutting doesn't sum it up - apperently, it was a push from other clubs (led mainly by Scousers and spuds) that didn't want it to go through.

I don't know where my head is at with this at hte minute to be honest.

I guarentee PIF come in for a London club it'll be waved through in seconds.
    PIF wont come in for another pl club - they'll go abroad and blow the PL out of the water

and it ll serve thm right

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    PIF wont come in for another pl club - they'll go abroad and blow the PL out of the water

and it ll serve thm right
    Aye. Probs right - linked with Roma weren't they.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I know this is a huge downer as Ashley is still here but to be honest I’m glad our owner is not someone that has journalists brutally and barbarically murdered.

Premier League have behaved disgracefully it must be said. The way they have left the club and fans hanging...I hope legal action is taken.

We’ll find out if this Henry Mauriss guy is a fake or not.

Ashley must be happy with that £17 million for nothing
    I'm surprised you didn't end that post with "Tee Hee" !

I’ve had all night to let this sink in but i feel just as deflated and disgusted as i did when it broke. An all conquering Liverpool, who have just won their first title in 30 years, have allegedly spent the time that they could have been celebrating on ensuring little old Newcastle don’t become competition to them. They’re not the only ones either. The whole idea of competition in football is becoming a thing of the past. Same old clubs winning the same trophies year in, year out and that is the way the establishment want to keep it.

At the end of the day though, by far the biggest disappointment is that the City of Newcastle is now going to miss out on multi-million pound investment. There were financial investments planned for the deprived areas of the City and food banks. The club were going to reengage with the supported for the first time in a long, long time. These are the most devastating things about this takeover falling through.
    Last edited by 18nufc92; 31-07-2020 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post

At the end of the day though, by far the biggest disappointment is that the City of Newcastle is now going to miss out on multi-million pound investment. There were financial investments planned for the deprived areas of the City and food banks. The club were going to reengage with the supported for the first time in a long, long time. These are the most devastating things about this takeover falling through.
    This was one of my first thoughts, too. Our club is synonymous with the city in a way few other clubs are and the benefits to the whole community would have been massive. A new world class academy and training ground alone would have pumped millions into the local economy never mind any of the other investments they would have made.

As fans of the club we've lost out massively but the City as a whole has been dealt a massive blow.

It's gutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This was one of my first thoughts, too. Our club is synonymous with the city in a way few other clubs are and the benefits to the whole community would have been massive. A new world class academy and training ground alone would have pumped millions into the local economy never mind any of the other investments they would have made.

As fans of the club we've lost out massively but the City as a whole has been dealt a massive blow.

It's gutting.
    and you can bet your life there won't be any govt money poured into our region

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I would love to speak to Amanda Staveley right now.

To find out what she knows, thinks & feels about the whole thing.
    To be honest, every time Amanda Staveley's name is involved it all seems to turn to poop!

Okay, I'm a SAFC fan, but all rivalries apart I fully understand how gutted, pissed off and probably bewildered you lot are.

I 100% agree that if you were based 250 miles further south the deal would have been done, dusted and money being spent.

You must wonder when / if you'll get rid of the albatross around your neck ( Ashley) or does he do this ocassional " I've got a sale sorted " routine to piss the fans off.

You have my genuine sympathy...but at least your prospective buyers have some merit behind them unlike the lovechild of Worzel Gummidge who's shouting the odds about buying us from the poor man's Ashley....Stewart Donald. Yup, things may have taken a slump for you lads...... imagine how I feel about football right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by stillscalpels View Post
    To be honest, every time Amanda Staveley's name is involved it all seems to turn to poop!

Okay, I'm a SAFC fan, but all rivalries apart I fully understand how gutted, pissed off and probably bewildered you lot are.

I 100% agree that if you were based 250 miles further south the deal would have been done, dusted and money being spent.

You must wonder when / if you'll get rid of the albatross around your neck ( Ashley) or does he do this ocassional " I've got a sale sorted " routine to piss the fans off.

You have my genuine sympathy...but at least your prospective buyers have some merit behind them unlike the lovechild of Worzel Gummidge who's shouting the odds about buying us from the poor man's Ashley....Stewart Donald. Yup, things may have taken a slump for you lads...... imagine how I feel about football right now!!
    Appreciated, man (check ya inbox-not related to this, btw),

I just wonder if Ashley has shot himself in the foot by tring to renegotiate terms. I believe he wants this to go through as much as the Saudis-quite the irony if he's played a part in buggering the whole thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    and you can bet your life there won't be any govt money poured into our region
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

It's gutting.
    I bet the govt. are seething personally. Absolutely livid at the Prem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)