+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Shinniesta

I'm puzzled by this "we lack bite in midfield" view, IMO and it is only an opinion, midfield isn't the issue, yes Bielik would be an upgrade, but with Bird, Smith, Sibley and others midfield seems well catered for and its not as if we are leaking goals. We do lack a wee bit of creativity against a side that is solid in the centre, so for me its more being able to find a way through and create chances which we then take. Or perhaps thats what is meant by "bite"?

I think its unfair to judge Collins solely on goals, he does a lot of the hard work creating space by drawing defenders out of position and has had a few useful assists. Osula didn't help his cause today ether!!

Hopefully we will get a right back in, can't see that either on loan or a free agent that we will improve on our strikers, think we have done very well to recruit what we have with no fees paid.

Surely if we were going to recall Bielik, he would back now? The windows been open 2 days,

Ww are 4th guys! Who would have predicted that at the start of the season? Oh yes I did predict we would get in the playoffs!

Statistically, per the BBC website, Collins has zero assists this season, nil, none, nada.

I think we have seen the future over the past 2 games. Collins on the bench.

Against Cambridge, who played a weakened side due to injuries and lost 3 more defenders during the game, we had to fight to nick a 1-0 win.

For the Accy game there was no Collo as he'd picked up an injury in the week. Result? The most fluid attacking we've seen this season, we put 4 away and ought to have had more.

Despite all his work off the ball, IMO the side is more effective without Collo.

Osula? Came off the bench a couple of weeks ago and got himself booked inside a couple of minutes for a charge that was totally unncecessary. Yesterday, he was pulled over in their box twice in rapid succession. 2nd time one of their defenders straddled him and ensured he couldn't get up. He shouldn't have reacted and probably won't if the circumstances recur. Lesson learnt? I hope so but I'm far from sure about it.

If the DET have reported Warne's comments correctly today in a comment about Knight being sold, he is reported as saying I can't spend the money if we sold him.

That would appear to answer the issue about whether Derby could finance a transfer if they sold a player. That seems a tad harsh, but if thats the agreed business plan then thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Statistically, per the BBC website, Collins has zero assists this season, nil, none, nada.
    That appears to be the case looking at other stats websites.

Aye, but if we did sell Knight we could afford to bring Bielik back

... as if the medics aren't busy enough already

We could bring Bielik back anyway, but that would be it. Knight might mean Bielik and 1 other player I guess, as Knight is on something approaching £4,700 a week.

When you multiply that by 52, thats £244k a year!! For a young player in league 1! No wonder clubs struggle to survive, crazy money for kicking a ball around at this level.

I see another one of those academy players from the academy thats never produced a decent player Morgan Whittaker, has been doing rather well for Plymouth this season on loan from Swnasea, so well in fact he has been recalled to play in the Swans first team.

That might be a plus for us, as it may dent Plymouths promotion push to lose a player who has been knocking in the goals regularly.

Also if the DET reporting of Warne's comments is accurate, he isn't looking for a midfielder, as he has plenty of options there, which woudl be increased if he gets a right back.

So that says Bielik isn't returning. Right back and wingers/wide midfielders seem to be Warne's stated targets.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)