+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clearing Away The Dead Wood ??

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I see Isgrove , Potts and Hedges as the three advanced midfield trio , plenty of energy and legs there in my opinion . The Knassmullner's , McGeehan and Mallan are the midweek guys when we have 3 games in a week , rotated as and when , in my opinion .
    Im not sure if they will be keen on that midweek role though, and the idea of squad rotation fills me with dread after what our two previous coaches did when using it.
    And as for the attack minded midfielders or wingers mentioned there, do we look at Thiam in that role or class him as an out and out striker. I thought he was starting to show promise when wide in the 3 up front thing. And the only problem with Hedges is he proved more than once that he didn't and couldn't start games well, but he finished them well as a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im not sure if they will be keen on that midweek role though, and the idea of squad rotation fills me with dread after what our two previous coaches did when using it.
    And as for the attack minded midfielders or wingers mentioned there, do we look at Thiam in that role or class him as an out and out striker. I thought he was starting to show promise when wide in the 3 up front thing. And the only problem with Hedges is he proved more than once that he didn't and couldn't start games well, but he finished them well as a sub.
    Thiam is Isgrove's replacement when he's given a night off or vice versa , to tell the truth I'd forgotten about him but he's the natural replacement but I have concerns over his fitness levels in all honesty .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345