+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Totally agree about Root, i don't understand why Butler didn't come in earlier after the start they got, but watching the Indians bat it was pretty obvious they wanted to lose to try and put the Pakistanis out of the tournament, match fixing really but nothing will get done.
    100% agree about Root.

Pootled along at test match pace once again protecting his average!

Surely Buttler needed to come in at three with us being in such a strong position.

Of all the batsmen who got a score once again Root was the slowest by far.

Everyone else seemed to manage to go at more than a run a ball FFS!!!

I see the Indian Captain is complaining about the short boundaries.

I'm sorry but did I miss the rule change that you could alter the boundaries between innings ??

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    I see the Indian Captain is complaining about the short boundaries.

I'm sorry but did I miss the rule change that you could alter the boundaries between innings ??
    Now come on SCOOPS you know that for years and years it's been one law for for us and one law for them...Indian !!!

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Now come on SCOOPS you know that for years and years it's been one law for for us and one law for them...Indian !!!
    I see the Pakistani’s on FB are complaining about a conspiracy to make sure they don’t qualify and that India lost on purpose!

This’ll be the same Pakistan that had three players sent to jail for fixing a test match against us.

Those greasy b u g g e r s would stitch up their own grannies!!

Why do I always get a massive attack of Tourette's Syndrome when Slow Root walks out to the wicket?

It’s not just him.

Buttler is batting as gay as he sounds and needs to wake up.

I would’ve swore to god he was a “turd burglar” until I saw he was married.

Just over 300 is a joke after the start the openers gave us in the first 25 overs.

Anyone got anything positive to say after our cricket team have just walloped 2 top sides in high pressure matches?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s not just him.

Buttler is batting as gay as he sounds and needs to wake up.

I would’ve swore to god he was a “turd burglar” until I saw he was married.

Just over 300 is a joke after the start the openers gave us in the first 25 overs.
    Buttler can be a match winner on his day and what he does is usually at more than a run a ball, and that catch down the leg side was little short of magnificent, where as Root has not managed more than one a ball for every game so far, and the run rate seemed to drop significantly when he came in, no batsman can do it every innings but surely he owes it to the team to really have a blast. In this game versus NZ the wicket deteriorated in that it got slower and made it difficult to time the ball, you only had to look at Stokes struggling to get it away. If NZ had won the toss I think we would be out now.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Anyone got anything positive to say after our cricket team have just walloped 2 top sides in high pressure matches?
    My only gripe is Root not making a run a ball, it overloads the batters that can, do you remember the way Boycott used to be slow and overload Gooch as openers, it's the same situation with Root coming in at number three in a limited over match, he is still a top class player in test matches, but I believe in 'horses for courses'.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    As I suggested a few days ago getting Plunkett in has made a difference.

I’m still not a fan of Root at three in all circumstances.......if we’ve gone off at a terrific rate and have racked up 100-200 opening stand then the man at three needs to be Buttler or someone else capable of a high scoring rate.

I’d have Root as the flexible batter in the order and use him in the best way to match the conditions and match situation.

Ball nipping around or a slow pitch then he’s perfect at three but not on a flat track.

Buttler is winding me up now,underperforming more than any other batter.

Rashid’s bowling is not great.

It seems we have to bat first.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)