+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hibernian v Aberdeen

I'm not and never will be a fan of the 5-3-2 for multiple reasons, mainly that its a heavily defensive formation which requires brilliant wing-backs if you want to score goals and attack

Its asking too much of Devlin and McGarry to put in the yards required every game, especially when Dadia doesn't even appear to be in Aberdeen anymore - McGarry has already picked up an injury a few games in

We have some very good attacking players and midfielders - Its clear on present evidence our defence is struggling, this formation may not score many goals but it should definitely not be conceding many, Barry is getting this wrong at both ends

Tbf this game was an anomaly and probably recompense for the Semi - we could have played another 90 and hit the bar another 10 times, that ball wasn't going in

But that said, the formation has to change - It worked well in Europe against marginally better players but against the majority of the league its a nonsense

I don't know what the analysts are telling Baz or if he's turning a blind eye to the evidence but he needs to change something soon or this season is going to painful

When Ruby came to us it was with a reputation of gathering cards, he's not exactly a kid and good attributes are there, but if he can't stop the mistakes he has to be dropped for his sake and the teams

This is one rare season where I'm not too bothered who comes in January, I think we already have some good players but the coaching needs sorting out asap

Undoubtedly Europe has hindered us this season, but we should still have more than 13 points from our opening 13 games.

If our manager doesn't adapt his ways and learn from his many mistakes, we could well be looking for our third manager in 2 years very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I'm not and never will be a fan of the 5-3-2 for multiple reasons, mainly that its a heavily defensive formation which requires brilliant wing-backs if you want to score goals and attack

Its asking too much of Devlin and McGarry to put in the yards required every game, especially when Dadia doesn't even appear to be in Aberdeen anymore - McGarry has already picked up an injury a few games in

We have some very good attacking players and midfielders - Its clear on present evidence our defence is struggling, this formation may not score many goals but it should definitely not be conceding many, Barry is getting this wrong at both ends

Tbf this game was an anomaly and probably recompense for the Semi - we could have played another 90 and hit the bar another 10 times, that ball wasn't going in

But that said, the formation has to change - It worked well in Europe against marginally better players but against the majority of the league its a nonsense

I don't know what the analysts are telling Baz or if he's turning a blind eye to the evidence but he needs to change something soon or this season is going to painful

When Ruby came to us it was with a reputation of gathering cards, he's not exactly a kid and good attributes are there, but if he can't stop the mistakes he has to be dropped for his sake and the teams

This is one rare season where I'm not too bothered who comes in January, I think we already have some good players but the coaching needs sorting out asap
    We have some good attacking players but we don’t have any decent wingers.

Hayes,Morris and Duncan really and none of them can cross the ball.

To be fair there doesn’t seem to be any one in our squad that can put in a decent cross.

I thought Devlin might have been able to cross the ball but he’s doesn’t seem to be great at it either.

McGarry has hardly played but in the games I’ve seen him play in he seems very reluctant to attempt a cross so that’s not a promising sign.

I reckon if we don't pick up 6 points from next 2 home games and win the cup then it's over for Robson.

Anything less than 6 points and we've got the potential by Christmas to be bottom after playing Livingston and then Dundee.

Regardless of performances and how many shots we have it all boils down to results and currently I believe Robson has the worst win% of any full time AFC manager, considering what he has been given to work with then no one could be surprised if he got the sack.

Ahhh the sweet aroma of urine soaked briefs is rife in the air today!
    Bazaa could get a sponsorship deal with a manufacturer of incontinence pads if he keeps this up.

I personally don't think Robson will be sacked unless we're staring relegation in the face, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Ahhh the sweet aroma of urine soaked briefs is rife in the air today!
    Bazaa could get a sponsorship deal with a manufacturer of incontinence pads if he keeps this up.
    Oh FFS here we go again, the second anyone dares to utter the s word then you're instantly labelled a pant pisher etc etc.

Re-read what I just wrote and tell me exactly what I've said that is going overboard...

If we're bottom by Christmas and don't win the cup then you would be perfectly fine with that? You wouldn't be calling for him to be sacked?

If so then you're a far better person than me and I'd wager 95% of the support. So perhaps it's not us that's the bed wetters but rather it's individuals such as yourself that are in complete denial of our current situation?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We have some good attacking players but we don’t have any decent wingers.

Hayes,Morris and Duncan really and none of them can cross the ball.

To be fair there doesn’t seem to be any one in our squad that can put in a decent cross.

I thought Devlin might have been able to cross the ball but he’s doesn’t seem to be great at it either.

McGarry has hardly played but in the games I’ve seen him play in he seems very reluctant to attempt a cross so that’s not a promising sign.
    I agree, apart from a few cut backs, we have very little penetration down the wings. Contrast that with the relative success we had when we played Rooney down the middle and had Hayes and McGinn inter-changing on the wings, feeding balls to Rooney. Most of what we do now goes through the middle, often when we are counter-attacking. I think that our style of play has, to a large extent, become predictable and that’s perhaps why we are not having so much success with Duk and others. In all honesty, our league position is extremely poor and potentially even more precarious in the few weeks ahead and we really need to start picking up points, otherwise I think that the manager will soon get his P45.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    I reckon if we don't pick up 6 points from next 2 home games and win the cup then it's over for Robson.

Anything less than 6 points and we've got the potential by Christmas to be bottom after playing Livingston and then Dundee.

Regardless of performances and how many shots we have it all boils down to results and currently I believe Robson has the worst win% of any full time AFC manager, considering what he has been given to work with then no one could be surprised if he got the sack.
    Robson isn’t even close to having the worst win% of any full time Aberdeen manager.

Unfortunately the managers we have had from Roy Aitken onwards have all mostly had low win% rates,apart from McInnes and possibly Calderwood.

That’s why we have been so sh1t for the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Robson isn’t even close to having the worst win% of any full time Aberdeen manager.

Unfortunately the managers we have had from Roy Aitken onwards have all mostly had low win% rates,apart from McInnes and possibly Calderwood.

That’s why we have been so sh1t for the last 30 years.
    Since he got his full time contract? You sure about that or you basing your comment on his interim time as well?

If you read what I wrote, common theme on here, then you'll see I wrote win% of full time which meant after he got the contract.

By my reckoning that is 29 games played with 7 wins across all competitions which is roughly 24.13% win ratio. That is less than Alex Millers 25.58% win ratio.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast