+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket (part dix)

I don't think it matters. Only Root is a test batsman, so you've basically only got him, 2 bowlers (Broad and Anderson), and the rest are interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Not for me, no. I'd have given Parky a go before Leach before the concussion
    Me too...but the selectors didn’t...so did Parky do enough? I’m not sure although I thought the ‘concussion’ looked a bit soft anyway compared with the knocks that other sportsmen - including batsmen - regularly take.

He did OK on a pitch where his counterpart when for 26 (inc byes) off his only 2 overs. Not really needed but didn't do anything wrong

I'd have talked to Moeen about being concusssub having seen the first NZ innings

Well played Ollie Pope (and Lees). Shows what I know.
    Commentary has been better too...mainly down to Swann and Goughie.

Another bad day, only scoring at 10 an over after tea to chase down the 160. Drop Bairstow for failing to get fastest testv100.

Thus spake the DCFCA of cricket

Talk about feeding Bairstow with caviar, the Kiwi bowlers must have been affected by the Sun! Short deliveries to one of the best one day batters around, yummy yummy he said!
    Let's hope Stokes hasn't done too much damage to his knee!
    Most entertaining.

Nearly 60 years since my Dad took me to my first Test Match and that’s the fastest century any of us have ever seen from an Englishman.
    Brilliant stuff...mind you I agree with mac about the bowlers. I know they were one down but that was poor from a side that are usually so disciplined.

The ODI's over here. Missed Friday's 498 runfest. Had a ticket but a close friend's cremation and subsequent piss up took precedence. Watched Sunday's game via a stream. Also got a ticket for tomorrow's game (€60), hopefully nothing gets in the way. Regardless of the cricket I should have a great time meeting people I haven't seen for a good few years. The games are being played at the club I used to play for, for about 15 years. Cricket and nostalgia all in one go.

Might take my Benelux Rams flag along.

So, nice day at the cricket but it went pear shaped later. Lost my wallet on the bus on the way hme, driving licence, travel card, bank card, credit card...... and €75 cash.

Replacements ordered. €13 for new photos for the licence, €41 for the licence itself.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)