+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: O/T The things people do to make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    The only political activists I know of, on here are you and animalittle.
    A political activist is someone who campaigns by any means for social and political change. That could be going out campaigning, or it could be campaigning for your cause (minimising immigration) with repeatedly saying the same political message over and over and over again on a football message board. Either way you are active politically in public, an activist.

Why do I need too? It's a policy that would save money and human suffering.

Have you housed a refugee yet?
    If I was one of the very, very few who support large families with state aid, why would I swap my 50k of state aid to have several children for your 10k? That way I lose money and lose out on my natural drive to reproduce. What do you think will happen?

But I'm sure those many people who had no intention of having children would take you up on your offer but I'm not sure I'd be willing for my taxes to fund this ludicrous give away

I'm expressing my opinion. I don't believe my views, particularly on this thread, are politically biased.

On the other hand you and your Barnsley pal are fully paid up activists.

It's so funny how a few of you all jump on these threads at the same time. One goal.

Just the usual clever dick, play on words response. Go change a life for the better, rather than point score on here. It's tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    If I was one of the very, very few who support large families with state aid, why would I swap my 50k of state aid to have several children for your 10k? That way I lose money and lose out on my natural drive to reproduce. What do you think will happen?

But I'm sure those many people who had no intention of having children would take you up on your offer but I'm not sure I'd be willing for my taxes to fund this ludicrous give away
    We will have to agree to disagree.

Check the Stanford Marshmallow Experiment which I'm sure you know of.

........ and yes I think it applies to adults as well. Especially where money is concerned.
    Last edited by howdydoo; 17-09-2020 at 02:57 PM.

We will have to agree to disagree.
    I'm not asking you to agree or disagree? I'm asking you a couple of questions about your brain wave.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'm not asking you to agree or disagree? I'm asking you a couple of questions about your brain wave.
    answered

I'm expressing my opinion. I don't believe my views, particularly on this thread, are politically biased.

On the other hand you and your Barnsley pal are fully paid up activists.

It's so funny how a few of you all jump on these threads at the same time. One goal.

Just the usual clever dick, play on words response. Go change a life for the better, rather than point score on here. It's tiresome.
    Your views, and the views of many on here regarding migration are both repeated and reflect the views of political organisations out there on this issue. You are actively preaching your views on a public forum. I've got no problem with that, it's what happens but I don't get why you should deny that you're a political activist for a social cause. You clearly are. Own it.

Politics has nothing to do with it.

Find one post where I have advised anyone here, to vote for a particular political party?

I'm not owning anything. Go stick your labels on someone else.

It's so funny how a few of you all jump on these threads at the same time. One goal. .
    On a quick count, 8 people have broadly agreed with your stance so why you so concerned that only 4 people have expressed counter arguments?

If leftist counter arguments annoy you, ask the rightists to stop repeating the same threads and arguments about population/migration/scroungers time and time again and I assure you annoying leftists viewpoints will disappear from your footy message board. But if you're going to keep spouting your politics on a public forum (as activists do) then don't be surprised if someone counters your views.

Politics has nothing to do with it.

Find one post where I have advised anyone here, to vote for a particular political party?

I'm not owning anything. Go stick your labels on someone else.
    Being a political activist is not about aligning with a political party - it's about repeatedly promoting and agitating for a social cause or causes. Yours is clearly anti-migration, keeping taxes low, reducing benefit wastage. Like I said nothing wrong with that. You're an activist for it. Just like Extinction Rebellion or BLM don't align themselves to political parties, but they want sociall change and campaign accordingly

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast