+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Please stop playing that "drop me off in Rotherham" dirge. I think it's depressing the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    But I wasn’t on about been personal with you though was I.
    It was about my response to another poster.
    See there’s a quick solution to this stop reading my posts and I’ll stop reading yours.
    Job done.
    Good luck with your search on the site I recommend.
    Go back to my post, 24, and try responding with something sensible that makes an argument for your pov.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I assume he doesn't want to lose yet another body in an already depleted midfield. My biggest fear is that by putting another body next to Hugill is that we will fall into the lump it trap even more. I want 2 strikers too, not sure our meek midfield pairing of Odoffin and Coventry can handle it though. Actually, I'm convinced they can't. Doesn't fix our supply issue. Just another body with scraps to feed off and even greater detachment from the cavalry 'in support'.

Perhaps I'm just not being bold enough.
    Good point MT, but someone in a no10 role can make the link between midfield and Hugill. I'm not convinced that Hugill is the best forward we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Good point MT, but someone in a no10 role can make the link between midfield and Hugill. I'm not convinced that Hugill is the best forward we've got.
    He is. Whether that is damning for the others we have I don't know, but he definitely is IMO.

My heart sank when I saw today's line-up. Firstly, our midfield was feather-light with no bite. If Rathbone isn't fit, Lindsey has to start - he's the only midfielder who looks like he can take a fight to the opposition. Hugill on his own - how many times has MT got to see it before he realises it does not work. We needed to win today and Wash should have played off Hugill with Chieo and Fosu out wide to give us best chance of scoring. At the back Blackett and Humphreys should have been centre-backs with Leo and Kioso on the flanks. BW is a liability - he has no pace and his attempt to block out their forward on the left wing rather than deal with the ball was embarrassing and repeated the same mistake he made last time he played.

The substitutions which MT made suggested that he realised what our problems were. Unfortunately, he should have already been aware of them post Brum and PNE. He now has a real problem with confidence and team cohesion. Ollie's return is essential and hopefully some other bonus recoveries - Quina?

The football Gods gave us a second chance today. Some of the teams that we have to play in April will decimate us if we adopt the same approach. MT has a chance to secure our Championship status but he needs to shake up his thinking if he is to avoid an embarrassing return to League One.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    My heart sank when I saw today's line-up. Firstly, our midfield was feather-light with no bite. If Rathbone isn't fit, Lindsey has to start - he's the only midfielder who looks like he can take a fight to the opposition. Hugill on his own - how many times has MT got to see it before he realises it does not work. We needed to win today and Wash should have played off Hugill with Chieo and Fosu out wide to give us best chance of scoring. At the back Blackett and Humphreys should have been centre-backs with Leo and Kioso on the flanks. BW is a liability - he has no pace and his attempt to block out their forward on the left wing rather than deal with the ball was embarrassing and repeated the same mistake he made last time he played.

The substitutions which MT made suggested that he realised what our problems were. Unfortunately, he should have already been aware of them post Brum and PNE. He now has a real problem with confidence and team cohesion. Ollie's return is essential and hopefully some other bonus recoveries - Quina?

The football Gods gave us a second chance today. Some of the teams that we have to play in April will decimate us if we adopt the same approach. MT has a chance to secure our Championship status but he needs to shake up his thinking if he is to avoid an embarrassing return to League One.
    Glenn, excellent post, well constructed and hits every nail on the head what is wrong at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post

My heart sank. 😂

In full agreement though

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    My heart sank. 😂
    Grist - thanks for pointing out my unintentional pun - I'll take it - particularly with my nautical background. Regards Albert!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Glenn, excellent post, well constructed and hits every nail on the head what is wrong at the moment.
    Brin - we have some work to do at Hull. 2,200 Millers fans will give their all but will MT have instilled the same enthusiasm in the players?!

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Go back to my post, 24, and try responding with something sensible that makes an argument for your pov.
    Do you enjoy being a condescending pr!ck?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast