+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wow, just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Whoa, a mistake from Ajayi?

That ball was the keepers to clear all day long, he came, hesitated and caused Ajayi to do the same.

Keepers mistake not Ajayi
    That's how I saw it

I always thought the name Masbrough strangely evocative. Interesting (to me at least) that Rotherham and its environs has probably the greatest concentration of various forms of OE burh place names in the country.

On reflection I would concede that the GK has to share some blame as well. A soft goal worrever that needs to be ironed out.

Keeper should have got to it when the ball was initially played through.
    Even booting upfield would have cleared the danger
    Ajayi also had a chance to clear it and messed up though. How many chances do we want.

Thought Kieffer Moore played very well. A good first touch for a big 'un and found himself a lot of space when in tight situations
    Best player was Michael Bostwick though who we may have been linked with. He dropped down a division so chance missed there to add a bit of quality

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

Thought Kieffer Moore played very well. A good first touch for a big 'un and found himself a lot of space when in tight situations
    Like Peter Crouch "he's got good feet for a big lad". Also like Peter Crouch, when he goes to head the ball. he jumps about a foot off the ground and ducks his head down two feet. A minor criticism though, as he had a great game and I was impressed with his mobility too. If he was a natural goalscorer too, he would be in the Ipswich first team, but I think that he will be a good signing for us if last night is his typical standard of performance.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-08-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Yep I like him we looked better when he came in at fleetwood too.i think warney will improve him but it mightmean Ipswich will want himback. I hoping Ipswich have a really good start to the season so they don't want him and Emmanuel back otherwise we might be back to square one injan when we could really be kicking on a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Whoa, a mistake from Ajayi?

That ball was the keepers to clear all day long, he came, hesitated and caused Ajayi to do the same.

Keepers mistake not Ajayi
    That's exactly how I saw it too.
    O'Donnell needs to be a lot more commanding of his area otherwise we'll continue to be at risk of conceding more soft goals like that one last night.

I've forgot more than anyone on here about my four legged friends, correct.

I know my Rotherham United players as well. Get shut of Price, get a proper no.1 keeper in. Put a bid in for Luke Hyam. Rated him when he was here on loan in midfield. Vaulks has got to play, either Right back or in midfield. He's our player. Emmanuel is no Tavs or Hunt. Get 2 Centre backs playing as a unit. Leaving gaps last night. Keep with Newell on the left & Forde on the right. More solid than Williams. JCH 1st change up front. Purrington unlucky he's a good player. Mattock is doing his job. Purrington will get his chance, when he does give manager no option than to leave him in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I've forgot more than anyone on here about my four legged friends, correct.

I know my Rotherham United players as well. Get shut of Price, get a proper no.1 keeper in. Put a bid in for Luke Hyam. Rated him when he was here on loan in midfield. Vaulks has got to play, either Right back or in midfield. He's our player. Emmanuel is no Tavs or Hunt. Get 2 Centre backs playing as a unit. Leaving gaps last night. Keep with Newell on the left & Forde on the right. More solid than Williams. JCH 1st change up front. Purrington unlucky he's a good player. Mattock is doing his job. Purrington will get his chance, when he does give manager no option than to leave him in the side.
    Yes we should get rid of price he always seems to make some excuse not to play (how many times have we seen bilboe on bench) I wouldn't buy one though I'd get one on loan with a right to buy later.

As for forde he doesn't excite me when ever I saw him last year or on replays this year he just seems to stay out of the way I mean come on what was he doing on that first goal at fleetwood, look it up on you tube he just stood there and let Mattock tackle him on his own wouldn't you help him instead of standing on your own not marking anyone. He needs to improve his defence for me.

Right now I'd like warne to sign rawson from derby, godden from Stevenage and then wait until last 10 days to raid loan market for a goalie and 2 midfielders.

However I won't hold my breath since tony has put padlocks, steel chains, barbed wire around his wallet buried it under ground set a vicious dog on top of it and round the clock cameras with guards with semi automatic weapons pointing at the dog house just incase.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yes we should get rid of price he always seems to make some excuse not to play (how many times have we seen bilboe on bench) I wouldn't buy one though I'd get one on loan with a right to buy later.

As for forde he doesn't excite me when ever I saw him last year or on replays this year he just seems to stay out of the way I mean come on what was he doing on that first goal at fleetwood, look it up on you tube he just stood there and let Mattock tackle him on his own wouldn't you help him instead of standing on your own not marking anyone. He needs to improve his defence for me.

Right now I'd like warne to sign rawson from derby, godden from Stevenage and then wait until last 10 days to raid loan market for a goalie and 2 midfielders.

However I won't hold my breath since tony has put padlocks, steel chains, barbed wire around his wallet buried it under ground set a vicious dog on top of it and round the clock cameras with guards with semi automatic weapons pointing at the dog house just incase.
    He's a winger not a defender but yes he could have done better.

Let's ignore the goal he scored last night though

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast