+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match off tonight frozen pitch

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The frost covers had been in place overnight but certain areas of the pitch - which are not exposed to sunlight during the winter months - did not and are not set to reach temperatures high enough to thaw.

Maybe I'm misreading this badly worded statement but doesn't it suggest that those areas of the pitch that are not exposed to sunlight were not covered?
    How does that make any sense? Surely they are the areas that should be covered first.
    It's not the best wording
    What it means is that all of the pitch was covered.
    However the areas in shade, due to the tall stands shielding the low level sunlight, will be at a lot lower temperature than those parts of the pitch that have had exposure to some sunlight

Our lass says the sun shines out of her arse. Maybe I should get her to sit on the pitch Friday night.

I blame TS. For 5 million more he could have had a roof on NYS. Tight bugga

hahaha, frost covers what don't keep frost off.................................
    Will Don st be ready for Saturday, or not bothered about a few Cheltenham fans mixing on the way out? Lincoln maybe bringing 1000 so no exit strategy set up yet after the Bolton debacle???

This is very poor from our club. not like we had a prolong weather alert for hard frosts....

Have we every had a game called off because of frost at NYS????

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Weather forecast by the way is for this spell of temperatures to continue up to the weekend. If anything the day temperatures are going to be a bit lower than today.
    Not to worry, we have decided to sell all the hot air generated by MM back to the club and they are going to use it for thawing the pitch before Saturday.

May be a shortage of gloves for the players?

I do think something has happened to the pitch this season. Down at the far end it was really cutting up and wet which I have not seen before. As people have remarked we have played through colder periods than this in previous seasons.

Whilst I have no expertise in this area I understood it was partly synthetic and as such should be harder wearing. Having said that it is relaid in pre-season. Perhaps something has happened to the drainage? If there is an issue I suggest the Club addresses it asap, given this could become a recurring issue. We are likely to get significantly colder weather in the next few weeks.

Temperatures are predicted to be zero for one night rest of the time between 9 with lows of 4, if there’s frost on Saturday the club must have Chris Whitty as a groundsman

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Well Jimmy Frost,Mary Frost & Andrew Frost did,
    Is that Jimmy from the Concrete Canyon Lol?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It's not the best wording
    What it means is that all of the pitch was covered.
    However the areas in shade, due to the tall stands shielding the low level sunlight, will be at a lot lower temperature than those parts of the pitch that have had exposure to some sunlight
    ....isn't that why we have things called "frost protection covers".............perhaps we could have got some big mirrors to reflect it on the shaded parts...............Only thing shady here is the excuse................

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast