+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trident

I wonder how much money is brought to the local economy from workers at Faslane. If trident went would it cripple the community?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I wonder how much money is brought to the local economy from workers at Faslane. If trident went would it cripple the community?
    The thing is it would be tough but I'm sure with money saved from getting rid of trident we can spend that vast sums on giving that area life and I'm sure plenty of it ..
    Such a stunning place to live as well I'm sure the tourist industry would bring even more life as well as maybe introducing wildlife back into that area ..there's loads you can do .. Anyway removing trident doesn't happen overnight be at least 2 years thats plenty time time to
    Get other businesses up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Keynesian multiplier is oft times difficult to quantify

However, unless there was significant investment (from let's face it government cos it'd be hard to imagine businesses sprouting up or locating there) it wouldn't be hard to imagine it being like Ayrshire's ex-mining areas.
    Devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    The thing is it would be tough but I'm sure with money saved from getting rid of trident we can spend that vast sums on giving that area life and I'm sure plenty of it ..
    Such a stunning place to live as well I'm sure the tourist industry would bring even more life as well as maybe introducing wildlife back into that area ..there's loads you can do .. Anyway removing trident doesn't happen overnight be at least 2 years thats plenty time time to
    Get other businesses up and running
    It would need to be significant sizes of business to replace the job losses and other revenue streams.
    It legitimately needs an industry and those are hard to create in 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    It would need to be significant sizes of business to replace the job losses and other revenue streams.
    It legitimately needs an industry and those are hard to create in 2 years...
    Not sure about that Brian
    I created a business in a week with the right backing they will succeed the government would have to back it and back it fast I'm sure they (Scottish government) have indeed plans .

The new Waitrose in Helensburgh would be a possible casualty.

I don't think it would make much difference to the local community to be honest. That whole area is for retired folk and yachties. It would hit Dumbarton & the Vale harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The new Waitrose in Helensburgh would be a possible casualty.

I don't think it would make much difference to the local community to be honest. That whole area is for retired folk and yachties. It would hit Dumbarton & the Vale harder.
    There's a huge pensioner community living there for sure but not sure of the actual figures .

That's one thing I've noticed on my cycling visits to that area .

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Not sure about that Brian
    I created a business in a week with the right backing they will succeed the government would have to back it and back it fast I'm sure they (Scottish government) have indeed plans .
    A business, cam be set up in a week, of course.
    But an industry cannot.

A few small businesses will not fill the gap of a major employer.

How many employees did you have at day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    A business, cam be set up in a week, of course.
    But an industry cannot.

A few small businesses will not fill the gap of a major employer.

How many employees did you have at day 1?
    Me but within a year I had about 10 by year 2 we were a very good sized company hence retirement at 50.

Now I just rent properties near Aberdeen uni .

I'm sure the Government made the decision on the back of made up jobs and the local community.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast