+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Davis has gone

For me, this is the dream team. I find it amazing that the board thought so too!
    As said earlier, I hope all those who swore never to return until SD left keep their word and turn up on Saturday.
    Also, I hope that everyone gives DA/KL a real chance to get going and don't get on their backs after a couple of bad results.
    Until this weekend, I was beginning to lose interest but now I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully, it will be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    For me, this is the dream team. I find it amazing that the board thought so too!
    As said earlier, I hope all those who swore never to return until SD left keep their word and turn up on Saturday.
    Also, I hope that everyone gives DA/KL a real chance to get going and don't get on their backs after a couple of bad results.
    Until this weekend, I was beginning to lose interest but now I'm really looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully, it will be worth it!
    Dream team? Absolutely no managerial experience, so I hope it works out but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

The most deserved sacking in football has finally happened and it's been long overdue!

Absolutely delighted with the news Davis has gone and I've decided to make the trip up from Swindon to attend our home game this weekend even though I'd originally promised the girlfriend a nice relaxing day out!

Will take time for me to forgive Davis for his lack of decorum in recent years and I won't forget some of the low points that have overshadowed his earlier achievements which he deserves credit for, but I for one, am completely and firmly behind David Artell and every single Crewe fan needs to back him over the next 21 games.

There are still huge problems behind the scenes at this football club, but one of the big problems has finally been removed and we may see an upturn in results. Of course Dave could be a disaster, but I doubt it. The players have engineered Davis' dismissal during this poor run of form and were clearly not playing for him nor was he inspiring or motivating them. They now need to make up for lost time and play their hearts out for Dave, Kenny and the fans.

Bumper crowd on Saturday and the return of an entertaining Crewe Alexandra style of play over the turgid Davisball we've endured for years would be nice!

DAVE ARTELL'S RED AND WHITE ARMY!

Like.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Dream team? Absolutely no managerial experience, so I hope it works out but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.
    Well, well, well...

We have been waiting I don't know how long for Timmy to post something negative about the club even through all the past three seasons and he has refused time and time again and now the board have acted to stop the flow of bad results, he has posted a negative!

Now it may not take Sherlock much time to suggest that Timmy could be Steve Davis himself or his biggest cheerleader and why he was so so reluctant to criticise and now we may see a new Timmy doing more of that the very first chance he gets...

Maybe people can't think straight but exactly what managerial experience did SD have other than in lower non league and yet he achieved what he did in that first spell when a new broom was needed as the old broom ie Dario had lost his touch and motivation skills and that was needed at the time and so the time has come for another new broom. It was long overdue!

Artell is a 'proven' leader and motivator and KL is someone Dario was prepared to give a TEN year contract too because he rated him so highly. Timmy you need to be grateful that the board have acted now and not in April and appointed a great managerial team. SD can't complain as he knows he would have been sacked a long long time ago anywhere else.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 11-01-2017 at 12:31 AM.

I think I am the only fan who lost all respect for Davis. If he was honourable, cared about the fans and the club he would have walked a few seasons back. He flipped off fans, lied to the media and took credit for wins and blamed others for defeats. He inherited a very talented team with several million pounds worth of talent and got a promotion and JPT win with them. As soon as the last major clog of that team (Westy and Murhpy) left that was it. Davis was out of his depth, board gave him several hundred thousand pounds worth of transfer money to try and turn things around but nothing.

Even up until the start of last season I was wanting him out yes, but still respected the guy, but when he came out with the "older fans need to educate the younger fans" and the "real fans want him in" that was it. Disgusting behaviour and it turned fans against each other. Every time a scrap broke out between Davis in and Davis out fans, bet he was loving it the prick. Even after statements like "take out the 5 goals it was an even game" it doesnt take a genius to work out that he was deliberately winding up the fans. A very clever man that pulled the wool over many Crewe fans eyes. He was probably as surprised as the whole footballing community was (bar a few Crewe fans) that he kept his high paying job for so long. No respect from me. Look at where he has left us by the way...... and consider what actually has he done to better our club? JPT some would argue maybe....I guess.

Probably an unpopular opinion. But that is my opinion on Davis. Wish him the best though but I am very glad he is out of our club.

Chuffed with Artell and Lunt. Would I have preferred a pair with experience? Yes. But that is another issue I have with the clubs board. No Excuse to not get behind them though. We now actually have a management team that 100% of the fans can get behind. Watch the attendance on Saturday. Reckon an easy 500-750+ fans will return. Even I am considering trying to get it off work to come!
    Last edited by samrnpage@hotmail.com; 11-01-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, well, well...

We have been waiting I don't know how long for Timmy to post something negative about the club even through all the past three seasons and he has refused time and time again and now the board have acted to stop the flow of bad results, he has posted a negative!

Now it may not take Sherlock much time to suggest that Timmy could be Steve Davis himself or his biggest cheerleader and why he was so so reluctant to criticise and now we may see a new Timmy doing more of that the very first chance he gets...

Maybe people can't think straight but exactly what managerial experience did SD have other than in lower non league and yet he achieved what he did in that first spell when a new broom was needed as the old broom ie Dario had lost his touch and motivation skills and that was needed at the time and so the time has come for another new broom. It was long overdue!

Artell is a 'proven' leader and motivator and KL is someone Dario was prepared to give a TEN year contract too because he rated him so highly. Timmy you need to be grateful that the board have acted now and not in April and appointed a great managerial team. SD can't complain as he knows he would have been sacked a long long time ago anywhere else.
    FYI Mike, I believe it was right to continue with Davis at the beginning of this season, and my opinion changed at the turn of the year when we stopped scoring and picking up points in a fairly poor league. Carlisle apart, we have not looked like scoring and he probably should have gone after the Accrington defeat. I am not unhappy with the appointment of Artell and Lunt. But I am concerned about the lack of managerial experience in that team. Davis had been a highly successful manager albeit at lower league level so did have managerial experience. I have been a Crewe supporter since the pre Dario days so of course I hope this proves to be a good appointment but as I said, I won't be surprised if it isn't. Very rarely do managers with this level of experience succeed at the first time of asking.
    So, Mike, not negative. Just grounded and not being carried away on a wave of unfounded optimism. I will be delighted for my fears to be misplaced. What does surprise me is the number of people who believe change automatically means better!

I agree that we need to see how Artell and Lunt shape up. Whether they have managerial experience or not, they must represent a welcome change as Davis and Collins were only taking the Club in one direction. They seem to have lost the dressing room and acted like statues on the touchline, seemingly hapless and unable to do anything to reverse the downward spiral. I wanted Davis out when we lost at home to Bradford a couple of seasons ago. The team played that day like they did against Accrington about ten days ago. I welcomed the appointment of Davis as Dario had clearly lost the plot, but it has certainly taken too long to close the Davis chapter. Time for a fresh start, though an improvement in results is needed fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    FYI Mike, I believe it was right to continue with Davis at the beginning of this season, and my opinion changed at the turn of the year when we stopped scoring and picking up points in a fairly poor league. Carlisle apart, we have not looked like scoring and he probably should have gone after the Accrington defeat. I am not unhappy with the appointment of Artell and Lunt. But I am concerned about the lack of managerial experience in that team. Davis had been a highly successful manager albeit at lower league level so did have managerial experience. I have been a Crewe supporter since the pre Dario days so of course I hope this proves to be a good appointment but as I said, I won't be surprised if it isn't. Very rarely do managers with this level of experience succeed at the first time of asking.
    So, Mike, not negative. Just grounded and not being carried away on a wave of unfounded optimism. I will be delighted for my fears to be misplaced. What does surprise me is the number of people who believe change automatically means better!
    Timmy - You are quite correct, change doesn't automatically mean better, but lets face it, could the new management team do any worse ?.

The football under Davis had become shocking to watch. Everybody knew if the opposition scored first, then 90% of the time, they would go on to win the game. He should have gone at the end of the 2014-15 season, but for some strange reason the board stuck with him, but then, this is Crewe !. I'm sure someone said that this is a team in transition, so I suppose we shouldn't hope for much from the DA/KL should we, if your words are anything to go by ?.

I think for me Davis has been dragging this club down for quite some time, I've been unhappy with his transfer policy since his second season.

Excited about Dave and Kenny, it's worth remembering that Dave Artell might not have any management experience but he's got an awful lot of experience of lower league football which I'd say probably means we're not going to be too tactically naive. His big challenge is going to be finding players that are going to bring the best out of our youngsters and bring in wins.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast