+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Chelsea Matchday Thread

Saiss on for Saville
    Ronan on for Bod

Well, no target man now. Not sure how we'll score other than luck

Bit of bad luck and the ball falls to Costa and it's now 0-2

Lucky sods, that's the bounce we needed. Although we got ours in the first half but hit the post! Still we give it a good go, that's all you can ask for.

UTW

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Lucky sods, that's the bounce we needed. Although we got ours in the first half but hit the post! Still we give it a good go, that's all you can ask for.

UTW
    You played well...but that first chance against the post was a bad miss.....
    No humiliation...Chelsea knew they were in a game....

Wolves fall today but I think we can be proud of the performance we put in today. We don't have goal scorers in our squad other than Costa. Would have had to grind the match down in order to win. And we succeeded for aobut 60 minutes. But the Prem leaders had too much talent. One mistake and we're down 0-1. Unlucky bounce and it's 0-2.

We would have always needed to get lucky in order to win. We didn't get an important deflection or referee call to go our way. So it goes. If we could play with as much focus and drive as we have had in the FA Cup in league play, we'd be much higher in the table.

Solid cup run. Could have been a round or two more if not unlucky in the draw and the pitch.

FT 0-2...it just wasn't meant to be, but I think our lads did us proud. Some good performances I thought, although our defence for the first goal looked a bit ordinary. I thought Costa and Bod worked their socks off. Following a tireless performance, perhaps, the Bod has earned the right to get a little more game time in the future, but I'll not hold my breath. All things considered, there was no shame in this defeat.

On that sorry note, it's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him ( my little grandson who is sitting in the corner grinning. He was almost asleep for most of the game, but is suddenly full of life.....bluddy Chelsea supporters, they're all the same).
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 18-02-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Have to say I was impressed with our back four today. We were pressing alot today, which meant that our back line would be tested. Moses had a lot of room to roam, but I thought we dealt well with Costa and Hazard. Hause had a very good IMO. Batth not bad, considering he had to deal with the cheating pest all match. Just not enough attacking threat from us. Costa and Bod were able to get to the endline and try to put in some crosses, but other than that, no bite. Weimann was anonymous for me. Price, Saville and Edwards are just a difficult trio in central midfield to try and put forth any form of attack.

To use a well exhausted adage...

"Ok, it's time to concentrate on the league now."

Isn't it just.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Have to say I was impressed with our back four today. We were pressing alot today, which meant that our back line would be tested. Moses had a lot of room to roam, but I thought we dealt well with Costa and Hazard. Hause had a very good IMO. Batth not bad, considering he had to deal with the cheating pest all match. Just not enough attacking threat from us. Costa and Bod were able to get to the endline and try to put in some crosses, but other than that, no bite. Weimann was anonymous for me. Price, Saville and Edwards are just a difficult trio in central midfield to try and put forth any form of attack.
    If I hadn't have seen the line ups I wouldn't have realised Hazard was playing in the first half. That's a testament to our back four and midfield.
    You're right, Weimann was poor.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)