+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 Mill bid for Wood

Quote Originally Posted by espaņablanco73 View Post
    imagine Bates turning down 20M!
    When was the last time we turned down a bid of 20M, come to think of it when did we have a player at that value, even with the ridiculous increase in valuations. Has to have some impact on the player though, the possibility of playing at the top level in the here and now and probably securing financial security. Wouldn't blame anyone if he does go but needs to be this week before its far too late for any replacement even on a loan basis.

I agree with Pete on this one, i think everyone knows i was his biggest advocate on here last season,but...
    15-20M is proper wedge, that would pay for all the summer activity, keeping the club on a sound financial footing, and you would have to say the squad looks better now than it has for a number of years, so all good IMO.
    Going to stick my neck out though and say hes going nowhere, it would seem a bit daft to loan out Antonsson, the day before we offload Wood, no? [unless theres a marquee striker coming in, but i doubt that!]
    We've spent years selling our top talent to keep us a sound financial footing and where has it got us? Time to keep hold of our top talent and go for the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    When was the last time we turned down a bid of 20M, come to think of it when did we have a player at that value, even with the ridiculous increase in valuations. Has to have some impact on the player though, the possibility of playing at the top level in the here and now and probably securing financial security. Wouldn't blame anyone if he does go but needs to be this week before its far too late for any replacement even on a loan basis.
    Cook with 3+ years on his contract would have fetched that imo and probably Delph if we had him now to sell would be worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Think you have to take 20 million. He's a very good player but that amounts a decent squad in the championship.
    Is it though? 20m in this league gets you not a right lot these days. Just look at the money Monk has spent at Boro

I"m sure I'm not the only one that struggles with making the transition from a great team that almost went defunct and had to get their house in order to one that spends/competes with the big boys.

I'm financially risk averse by nature so I'd never had the stones to buy something as high risk as a pro sports team (not that I'd ever have the money to) but it's obvious that the our new owner has a totally different take on it.

Of course, if he gets us promoted his pay off will be much greater than selling players for big money... no matter how much they get.

it's seems that he's betting on that and anyone he sells is because he deems them surplus. Taylor he had no choice but everyone else falls in that catagory so far.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    We've spent years selling our top talent to keep us a sound financial footing and where has it got us? Time to keep hold of our top talent and go for the top 6.
    In the past its been owners who mostly trousered the money or bought mediocrity to replace mostly our young emerging players. This owner has already proven he is willing to invest far more than these recent owners.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Cook with 3+ years on his contract would have fetched that imo and probably Delph if we had him now to sell would be worth that.
    Thing is we didn't keep hold of them till they reached that value

seems Wood is being offered a better contract, good news, sends the right message.

seems Wood is being offered a better contract, good news, sends the right message.
    And rumoured not to want to sign up.

Let's see what happens. I for one want him to stay, no ifs, buts of maybes.

I think contract offer is timed to force the matter, either sign up or ship out.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)