+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: o/t is it time to clamp down on public indecency...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    From what Frog was saying, it seems to be a mutual thing between IBS and the mods - it gets good responses and hits for the site and helps to keep it alive for the footy.

Don't mind a bit of debate and banter, can be quite interesting when posters go into depth and justify their opinions, on both sides.

But the empty hysterics of the "ban it" jessies can be a bit hard to take.

I agree with Kerr - if no one is being harmed, and the views, opinions and actions stay within the law, then I'm fine with it.

But, one specifically for Kerr (although anyone else feel free to give thoughts as I honestly don't know): to what extent can we say that the free expression of what you describe as quite bigoted views on here, that scapegoat and target immigrants in particular, all pooled together in all the message boards, help to fuel the spike in race hate attacks that we have seen since the referendum was announced?

Is there a link do you think? And are you ok with that as a price to pay for free speech?

There is no special mutual thing beween IBS and the mods. Anyone can start a thread on any topic as long as O/T is used for none football threads. IBS has on the whole started O/T threads as long as I've been a member and a lot of them go completely over my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Society is changing. Those who once felt oppressed, are quickly becoming the oppressors. Which is fine if the newly oppressed 'victims' were the former oppressors, but it seems the new oppressors want to take everyone with them. The LGBT movement, black lives matter, militant vegan groups etc etc all have the right to be heard, but not in a manner that intrudes the lives of passive people who already have no issues with these things.
    I have simular feelings to you Gazza.

I've been educated more about other peoples feelings over the last few years than I ever was whilst being brought up to respect certain values to be able to fit into society.

I feel that the balance has changed so much from what we were brought up to believe. But is it being pushed through on social media and TV. I wonder how many people even encounter new and different things on a daily basis

I accept people and their want to express themselves but I can't help thinking that my way of life is the best way to live. I don't think that they're wrong just different.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    There is no special mutual thing beween IBS and the mods. Anyone can start a thread on any topic as long as O/T is used for none football threads. IBS has on the whole started O/T threads as long as I've been a member and a lot of them go completely over my head.
    The posters on this site now seem to be almost entirely white hetero***ual men who are over 50 years old. I don't know what percentage of football fans are female these days, but they aren't posting anything on this site. It was more diverse in the past. The offensive (and just plain tedious) stuff from IBS/Kempo and a few others has contributed to that state of affairs , in my opinion.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-02-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The posters on this site now seem to be almost entirely white hetero***ual men who are over 50 years old. I don't know what percentage of football fans are female these days, but they aren't posting anything on this site. It was more diverse in the past. The offensive (and just plain tedious) stuff from IBS/Kempo and a few others has contributed to that state of affairs , in my opinion.
    There is at least 1 woman that posts on the board but as you say there used to be more.

I know a few who post on here and I would agree with the age group.

Do you get any Asian names posting Frog?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Do you get any Asian names posting Frog?
    We only know the user names Roly.

In Sweden Antifa tried to stop a Gay Pride march going through a Muslim area as it would "offend them".

Inevitably identity politics has lead to the PC zealots turning on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    In Sweden Antifa tried to stop a Gay Pride march going through a Muslim area as it would "offend them".

Inevitably identity politics has lead to the PC zealots turning on each other.
    I notice that you didn't mention your source of this "information"..... You've taken that "story" from "Squawker" - a conspiracy theory website with links to the extreme right. Interesting to see what you are reading - not exactly a reliable source of information (LOL!), but it fits your Nazi viewpoint. Don't post unfounded crap, designed to stir up racism and bigotry, on this site . Most of your posts fit into the same category. Give us all a break from this constant stream of filth. You are a sick human being.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-02-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I notice that you didn't mention your source of this "information"..... You've taken that "story" from "Squawker" - a conspiracy theory website with links to the extreme right. Interesting to see what you are reading - not exactly a reliable source of information (LOL!), but it fits your Nazi viewpoint. Don't post unfounded crap, designed to stir up racism and bigotry, on this site . Most of your posts fit into the same category. Give us all a break from this constant stream of filth. You are a sick human being.
    From Twitter actually.

And not untrue.

And where is the "Nazi" viewpoint?

And reading my posts compared to yours, who is the sick one I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    From Twitter actually.

And not untrue.

And where is the "Nazi" viewpoint?

And reading my posts compared to yours, who is the sick one I wonder?
    ... and Twitter is always reliable, isn't it?
    You are talking rubbish as usual. Strange that you don't bother with national broadcasters, or national newspapers as sources of your "stories"
    I'll leave Millersmadsters to judge who is sick
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-02-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast