+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Club statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    ST + MM = Mates.

They are mates and business partners, there’s likely not a lot of change here just ST no longer leading.

Perhaps ST looking after the United FC Group part of their master plan......
    For me, there's far too much assumption going on in certain quarters regarding their relationship and what kind of man MM is on his own.

Let's put it another way....

RM + LE = mates. Does this mean Laurie should be tarnished with the same brush as Raymond. No, he deserved a chance to make the job his own (and did a good job of it for as long as it lasted) as does MM imo.

Fair point there.

I have a bit of an open mind over MM. As long as ST departs and not involved then that is a step in the right direction

MM has a clean sheet with me

I hope he comes out and says the right things in the press but more importantly his actions are what our club needs

For me would be better if both went , M M was the money man behind the failed Newcastle Jets fiasco , for me its going to be more of the same and aimed at the upcoming season ticket renewals , so excuse me for no jumping through hoops

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    For me would be better if both went , M M was the money man behind the failed Newcastle Jets fiasco , for me its going to be more of the same and aimed at the upcoming season ticket renewals , so excuse me for no jumping through hoops
    This is where i have my doubts as to the business relationship between the 2. The Jets fiasco didnt go through in the end, and it may be that MM didnt see the figures adding up. He may be in the same situation again and just might be working for the long term future of our club.

Need to see all the words he is gonna come out with backed up by actions. His 5 year plan has to see us in the top flight, if not this season then definitely next, with our youth system reborn.

[QUOTE=smirky4;38818108]MM has a clean sheet with me

I hope he comes out and says the right things in the press but more importantly his actions are what our club needs[/QUOTEq

And there lies the problem. MM wont say f all. ST wont say f all. Remember when Spence was going to be cummunicating between the fans and the board? He said F all . . .and swiftly Fd off. Gussie sold. Nobody says F all. Thompson resigns. Nothing said again apart from press speculation. Someone like Jimmy Fyffe needs to act a go between and engage with the fans as all we've had for years is silence and "We need your season ticket money". Something needs to change, someone needs to engage with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    This is where i have my doubts as to the business relationship between the 2. The Jets fiasco didnt go through in the end, and it may be that MM didnt see the figures adding up. He may be in the same situation again and just might be working for the long term future of our club.

Need to see all the words he is gonna come out with backed up by actions. His 5 year plan has to see us in the top flight, if not this season then definitely next, with our youth system reborn.
    I don’t think we need any more 5 year plans - look where the last one got us 🙈😂

[QUOTE=RaysRedEye;38818248]
    Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    MM has a clean sheet with me

I hope he comes out and says the right things in the press but more importantly his actions are what our club needs[/QUOTEq

And there lies the problem. MM wont say f all. ST wont say f all. Remember when Spence was going to be cummunicating between the fans and the board? He said F all . . .and swiftly Fd off. Gussie sold. Nobody says F all. Thompson resigns. Nothing said again apart from press speculation. Someone like Jimmy Fyffe needs to act a go between and engage with the fans as all we've had for years is silence and "We need your season ticket money". Something needs to change, someone needs to engage with the fans.
    You're right, if the pattern continues this is exactly what will happen. There has been no pressure on ST that would make him enter meaningful dialogue, so he didn't. Once (if ever) the fan groups create pressure maybe things will be different. Maybe Martin will be different but no-one is holding out for it.

The problem now it seems is that the shares are divvied up to prevent new ownership. If MM and ST are mates ST is not going to sell his shares to an outsider that would tip Martin out. Is how I'm reading it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I don’t think we need any more 5 year plans - look where the last one got us 🙈😂
    Disagree let's hear it and see it. Then we can decide if we will support it.

The first part of any plan is pretty simple. We need to everything possible to get back in the premier

Until then we are in trouble and likely don’t have the finances to sort everything else like the youth policy etc.

If we get up this year things should improve pretty quickly 🤞

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)