+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Luggy signs for united!

it is rather strange tbh. does seem like hes moved into a position to take over at some point but with his health situation i doubt itll be anything long term. (lose to dunfermline, CL gets punted luggy gets gig to end of season)

hoping it doesnt have the same affect as malpas going to ICT did last year. players getting mixed messages from two senior parties. dont want this undermining his authority stuff branded about

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    it is rather strange tbh. does seem like hes moved into a position to take over at some point but with his health situation i doubt itll be anything long term. (lose to dunfermline, CL gets punted luggy gets gig to end of season)

hoping it doesnt have the same affect as malpas going to ICT did last year. players getting mixed messages from two senior parties. dont want this undermining his authority stuff branded about
    Good move by Martin. Hopefully Luggy can help motivate the players to better performances, can't be any worse, can it.

the proof will be in the results and performances in next few weeks.

if this is what we need to do to get them then so be it!

wonder if this is an attempt to be a middle man between CL and players? from what i hear alot of the players dont seem to understand or get fed up listening to CL alot so maybe luggy can be the man to simplify things for them? does make you wonder what ellis thinks/role is now?

the proof will be in the results and performances in next few weeks.

if this is what we need to do to get them then so be it!

wonder if this is an attempt to be a middle man between CL and players? from what i hear alot of the players dont seem to understand or get fed up listening to CL alot so maybe luggy can be the man to simplify things for them? does make you wonder what ellis thinks/role is now?
    Yeah my first thought was what will Ellis make of it. I have a hunch the players think Csaba is a dick - lets hope Luggy can sort it.

thats the impression i get from the players. they dont seem to be playing for him (old cliche but looks like it)

thats why im thinking luggy is a middle man

thats the impression i get from the players. they dont seem to be playing for him (old cliche but looks like it)

thats why im thinking luggy is a middle man
    Lets see if we get a reaction on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Lets see if we get a reaction on Saturday
    Im thinking along the lines of Luggy looking after someone like Laurie Ellis for the future.

The pantomime continues and we are nowhere near the final curtain.

If the above is true you punt the manager now,bringing in a club legend to act as piggy in the middle is a complete and utter farce.If we have a manager who a bunch of hasbeen's and never will be's cannie understand his position is untenable.For the life of me i cannot understand why one of the best players in our history wants to be associated with Thompson and his buddy.
    I hope Luggy has thought this through because working at the present day DUFC will not be good for his health.

Well this is another twist to the farce our club has become.

How can our chief scout for England scout players if he’s coaching up here? This really just proves that his whole appointment was a publicity stunt to curry favour with the more gullible fans - this has just gone up a notch in the week before ST’s go on sale. Quelle surprise eh....

Then there’s the fact that Luggys record as a Utd manager hardly fills you with confidence. His win % at Tannadice is closer to Mixu than Jackie Mac and his record of signings is grim.

Reading between the lines I’m thinking Luggy is a big pal of MM who is utilising that friendship to score cheap points with the fans and undermine his current manager.

That is of course unless Laszlo really is the driver behind this, I’m which case he should walk away as he clearly doesn’t think he is capable of doing the job.

Another bizarre story around our club as we continue to fail in the country’s 2nd tier. Embarrassing but not at all surprising.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)