+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bielsa sweeps Felix out .........

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    "vast waste of club funds"? Seriously? with average prem players drawing 5-10 million and we aren't owned by an oil sheik, yank crony capitalist or russian gangster yet we have to build a prem capable squad to get out of the championship.

you then vent about biesla who might be able to get us some great loanees and/or players looking for a great contract year to get a big paycheck. temporary players but big money payday if you get to the prem.

very few teams have the ability to build from within and develop a prem squad. Burnley is one of the few that comes to mind that really did it with their own players. Southhampton did it as well but started losing their players to the big dollar clubs. It's super hard to get up to the prem and just as hard to stay there unless you have a huge dollar benefactor.... most of these would never pass your morality litmus test.
    Err.....was I comparing us to a PL club, where wages are vastly different? No. Others have built sides for much less and achieved much more, why should Leeds always be the exception? I've said on many previous occasions that we should be concentrating on the young players and making sure we exploit them (in the best possible way!), not spending gazillions on "signature" appointments. What we did last season wasn't even close to investing in the future, it was a WASTE OF MONEY, something you and others seem completely ok with. It's not how much you spend, its what you spend it on FFS!

BTW, I've commented about what qualities/competencies Bielsa brings, but not in the thread above, more whether the players in ur squad can live with his coaching and formation ideas. We'll see if the the "ifs", "hopes" and "maybes" turn out to be anything but smoke and mirrors and the boosting of an ego.

Don't disagree on the difficulty of getting out of the Championship, but there are examples, you quote one or two, and there are others, and why shouldn't Leeds aspire to do the same, rather than trawl the backwaters of divisions across the globe for more of the kind of outcasts we had inflicted upon us last season?

Bring back Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Err.....was I comparing us to a PL club, where wages are vastly different? No. Others have built sides for much less and achieved much more, why should Leeds always be the exception? I've said on many previous occasions that we should be concentrating on the young players and making sure we exploit them (in the best possible way!), not spending gazillions on "signature" appointments. What we did last season wasn't even close to investing in the future, it was a WASTE OF MONEY, something you and others seem completely ok with. It's not how much you spend, its what you spend it on FFS!

BTW, I've commented about what qualities/competencies Bielsa brings, but not in the thread above, more whether the players in ur squad can live with his coaching and formation ideas. We'll see if the the "ifs", "hopes" and "maybes" turn out to be anything but smoke and mirrors and the boosting of an ego.

Don't disagree on the difficulty of getting out of the Championship, but there are examples, you quote one or two, and there are others, and why shouldn't Leeds aspire to do the same, rather than trawl the backwaters of divisions across the globe for more of the kind of outcasts we had inflicted upon us last season?
    I've pretty much stopped posting due to you.
    The numpty ghost has been banned - but you're like a dose - can't get rid of your complete negativity about everything that happens at our club. It's just incessant .....keeps on coming day after day...and when people call you out you just dig in and claim time after fecking time that you have been proved right on every occasion and every utterance .....irrespective of what others write on here there is only one opinion that counts - yours!

When challenged about your latest assault on our newly appointed manager - you happily list ALL the qualities needed to succeed here ......but strangely don't offer any suggestions as to who might fit that bill??? - could it be that there aren't loads of obviously suitable managers out there?

It's easy to be right after the event - and though you do spout off as soon as any manager/ player is appointed - as has been pointed out you're bound to get some right.

Negativity for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I've pretty much stopped posting due to you.
    The numpty ghost has been banned - but you're like a dose - can't get rid of your complete negativity about everything that happens at our club. It's just incessant .....keeps on coming day after day...and when people call you out you just dig in and claim time after fecking time that you have been proved right on every occasion and every utterance .....irrespective of what others write on here there is only one opinion that counts - yours!

When challenged about your latest assault on our newly appointed manager - you happily list ALL the qualities needed to succeed here ......but strangely don't offer any suggestions as to who might fit that bill??? - could it be that there aren't loads of obviously suitable managers out there?

It's easy to be right after the event - and though you do spout off as soon as any manager/ player is appointed - as has been pointed out you're bound to get some right.

Negativity for the sake of it.
    Post when and in reply to whom you like Tich, that's your prerogative just as it's mine to do.likewise, irrespective of the "tone" of our respective posts.

Just as an objective response to the points above;

1. I've been right about players and coaches more often (and without the benefit of either Ortas scouting "network" or the time spent watching dismal display after dismal display by Leeds sides packed with dross and coaches by incompetents) than not, and the club would be the richer for having paid attention, not that I expected them to!

2. You're absolutely right about my comments about a new coach BEFORE Bielsa was appointed. I was challenged as to who I would suggest and made it quite clear I didn't have names, only criteria, against which Bielsa fails on every one. He might succeed, but I'm not confident that he will. And for record, if he does I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Wonder how many would do the same if things don't work out as they have suggested?

3. "Right after the event....." Not quite. I predicted Christiansen wouldn't work out, despite the "dossier", that Orta would fail in his attempt to create a Championship winning squad by trawling the nether regions of the world's footballing backwaters for "hidden gems", that Grot, Anita, Klich, Ekuban and Cibikci weren't worth recruiting and that Lassogga was now where near a replacement for Wood, not forgetting that I wrote Flapper off before he was even in the country. After the event, nah!

I'll continue to PREDICT what might happen, good (sometimes), or bad (would that it wasn't so frequent), and see if I can maintain my record of being right (most of the time!&#128521.

Seem to recall that you were all over us even when we were one of the hottest teams in the championship last year. some very attractive football and top 3 for a while. Kind of all went south with the Saiz ban and the injuries but nice while it lasted.

During a spell like that you aren't "right" when you are talking doom and gloom.

we won't start out like that this season with the schedule we have but the odds are that we'll steadily improve with a coach of this caliber.

If not, we'll be LG 1 bound. not going to be another mid table year for sure.

I like the first option better.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Seem to recall that you were all over us even when we were one of the hottest teams in the championship last year. some very attractive football and top 3 for a while. Kind of all went south with the Saiz ban and the injuries but nice while it lasted.

During a spell like that you aren't "right" when you are talking doom and gloom.

we won't start out like that this season with the schedule we have but the odds are that we'll steadily improve with a coach of this caliber.

If not, we'll be LG 1 bound. not going to be another mid table year for sure.

I like the first option better.
    You "seem to recall" hmm? When I said that Saiz and Alioski were Premiership quality partnership, and should ALWAYS be fielded together (when they weren't, as I predicted, results were never as good). When I suggested that Jansson would be a first class captain (in place of Cooper who for whatever reason seems to have had the armband tatooed to his f00king arm!!). when I praised Radrizzani for doing what I had been urging the club to do for years, and buy back ER?? Or when I congratulated Lassoga not only for netting as often as he did for that short purple spell he had, but for doing so while sticking with his playing commitment when his newborn baby would have been a very understandable distraction??? Hardly "talking doom and gloom" then, just continuing to suggest that the likes of Sacko would never play decent football as long as he has a hole in his ar5e, or Cooper being as good a captain as Ahab, and the Ekuban made "Barn door" look class

No, not "all over" anyone, just making some balanced and objective comments instead of fawning all over the new owner when he was wrong (with the appointment of Orta for instance) or in that incredibly incompetent mans ability (I'm referring to Orta), to select dross from just about everywhere he looked. I wasn't "talking doom and gloom" then either, just telling it how I saw it, and would anyone really disagree?

As for this season, I stand by my predictions, and that I'll admit if I'm wrong (as I did with us selling Wiedwald, although in the big scheme of things, that pales into insignificance alongside the other "recruitment" blunders some very highly paid people were supposed to get right more than they got wrong). Wish others were as willing to eat humble pie

Bring back Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by CromerWhite View Post
    Bring back Steve Evans
    Wouldn't object, and.at least not some pretentious bloke who doesn't speeka de eeennglish!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Wouldn't object, and.at least not some pretentious bloke who doesn't speeka de eeennglish!
    on what basis do you say he is pretentious?

the rest just sounds racist

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    on what basis do you say he is pretentious?

the rest just sounds racist
    Oh ffs get off the politically correct hobby horse!!!

The guy is an acknowledged and self confessed egoist and.cant speak a word of English (despite supposedly having spent years trying to learn the language).

Get a sense of humour and/or of irony. If my "racist" comments are the biggest challenge he faces, he's on bl00dy easy street.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)