+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Burton match

Part of my job means that i work with paramedics in New Zealand. The scenario is simple, resus commences and the patient will not be moved until they are stable enough to transfer. That means intubated with secure airway and some sort of cardiac rhythm that can sustain life. You do not want to have to resus anyone in a moving vehicle. All the equipment and expertise would have been available to achieve this, no need to move an unstable person. Once stable appropriate transport would be used, in this case a helicopter. You may recall Fabrice Muamba collapsing a few years ago they resuscitated him for over an hour before moving him.
    Quite right to call the game off 35mins of having to see such things would hardly put me in the mood for a football match and I am not a layperson. Best wishes to the gentlemen hope he has a speedy recovery and well done those first responders.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    If you have posted that for reaction then fair enough, you're playing your twisted game, if you've posted that in all honesty, you're a very sad man.
    You know very well why he posted it ! and don't be fooled by the Avatar. Leftie ha ha never laughed as much for a long while.

Hope the guy at Barnsley makes a full recovery.

Just admit you got it wrong Naked and stop digging.

Read what the club had to say, best thing they could have done in all honesty

All the best to Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Part of my job means that i work with paramedics in New Zealand. The scenario is simple, resus commences and the patient will not be moved until they are stable enough to transfer. That means intubated with secure airway and some sort of cardiac rhythm that can sustain life. You do not want to have to resus anyone in a moving vehicle. All the equipment and expertise would have been available to achieve this, no need to move an unstable person. Once stable appropriate transport would be used, in this case a helicopter. You may recall Fabrice Muamba collapsing a few years ago they resuscitated him for over an hour before moving him.
    Quite right to call the game off 35mins of having to see such things would hardly put me in the mood for a football match and I am not a layperson. Best wishes to the gentlemen hope he has a speedy recovery and well done those first responders.
    Good post, sickly.

You are welcome Monty, didn't know whether Naked was being deliberately insensitive or just on a wind up. Gave him the benefit of the doubt but having just read his post on ridiculous IBS **** thread I think he might just be a very strange lad. Noticed that thread has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    I've read your quote several times and knowing very little about cardiac arrest apart from basic first aid your information is excellent. Some people ought to read it, they might learn a thing or two and not jump to the wrong conclusions or ' feed ' too much groundbait.

EDIT : Completely off topic you ought to think about changing your Avatar, it's scary and reminds me of an old History teacher from years ago lol.

You are welcome Casper, I think sometimes when people don't understand the full protocols etc, they can make daft assumptions (I know I have). Your the second person to complain about the Avatar so will attempt to fix it soon. Nearly bed time so will do it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    OK back to what matters under the circumstances
    Hope the guy is OK
    If you hear owt Animal update us
    @ BramleyMiller58, completely off topic, are you related to a lad called Rob, he would now be in his mid 60's.
    Not fishing for information I used to work with a lad years ago who has the same surname as yourself.

I think it's also worth pointing out that our players will know Stephen very well , he's volunteered at the club for many years .

Many of the things he does with the young kids at the club pre match involves the players as well .

It's unlikely they would have wanted to play the game after witnessing that .

Just as we wouldn't want to just get back to work if a colleague collapsed with a suspected heart attack where we earn our living .

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I've read your quote several times and knowing very little about cardiac arrest apart from basic first aid your information is excellent. Some people ought to read it, they might learn a thing or two and not jump to the wrong conclusions or ' feed ' too much groundbait.

EDIT : Completely off topic you ought to think about changing your Avatar, it's scary and reminds me of an old History teacher from years ago lol.
    Great minds, Casper. I have already complained to sickly that his avatar is repulsive!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast