+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover not happening today

I don't think there will be a takeover before admin and never have, why would anyone pay all that money for a National League club then take on the debts and fund the team? It just doesn't make any sense at all and I think we've been looking at Notts fans perspective but we're a busted flush for anyone else unless we are a more attractive proposition. Also if Hardy said it was sunny outside I'd pack my brolly, the man is a cnut of the highest order and whilst not actively participating in it, if he did come to harm I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I have 0% sympathy for the man.

What a mess. It breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Have the Danes pulled out - and if so, why?
    If not, when can we expect a deal to be done?
    Purely guessing here, as per everyone else, but likely to be one of:

The Danes were never seriously involved in a bid (surely we would have heard from their reps that this was the case though);
    They've discovered more debt at a late stage; or
    Hardy has asked for more money at the last minute. This last one has always been likely in my opinion.

Is it just me or is this tweet rather on the ominous side???

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    ·
    29m
    Breakout story is here, but will furnish with more detail of which I have plenty.
    Quote Tweet

NottsCountyLive
    @NottsCountyLive
    · 39m
    No takeover! Notts County crisis

That's that then.

We are up **** creek without a paddle. Hardy should be run out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Is it just me or is this tweet rather on the ominous side???

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    ·
    29m
    Breakout story is here, but will furnish with more detail of which I have plenty.
    Quote Tweet

NottsCountyLive
    @NottsCountyLive
    · 39m
    No takeover! Notts County crisis
    I would imagine his next step is to try to force hardy into an official statement or interview and if he refuses then release what he knows, after checking with his editor and legal dept

Quote Originally Posted by HeroPie1862 View Post
    Why haven't the FA or PFA, or any governing body actually come in to help us!? WTF is going on.
    They didn't really help us out at Wrexham, we had to pay a bond to carry on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    Purely guessing here, as per everyone else, but likely to be one of:

The Danes were never seriously involved in a bid (surely we would have heard from their reps that this was the case though);
    They've discovered more debt at a late stage; or
    Hardy has asked for more money at the last minute. This last one has always been likely in my opinion.
    If it is the last option, perhaps it is because the Dodd/May group have come back with slightly more money than the Danes.

Hardy would sell the club to Ming the Merciless if it meant he gets a couple quid more.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If it is the last option, perhaps it is because the Dodd/May group have come back with slightly more money than the Danes.

Hardy would sell the club to Ming the Merciless if it meant he gets a couple quid more.
    Name:  EAPVPTOWkAIoNWw.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  94.6 KB

Seriously though, with this news, the very best we can hope for is a takeover happening at the last minute next week. But I have zero faith that that will happen. And even if it did, it means going into the season with no defence, and probably losing out on those trialists who have done so well this pre-season.

The second best we can hope for is admin and -10 points, which means relegation to the Conference North and potentially losing ML. In this event, we might end up in the hands of May/Dodd, which would be the end of the club as far as I'm concerned.

Then there's liquidation.

If he could have just sold the ****ing club, we'd at least have stood a chance at rebuilding after his reign of terror. Now it seems he'll leave a lasting legacy, either hamstringing the club for the foreseeable future or denying us a future altogether.

... clutching at straws ...can any smart Alec see anything that AH has done that is an arrestable offence? 'Deception' comes to mind; but maybe not arrestable. Anything, anyone ...

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast