+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Red and white shop

My beloved bought me a Sekonda watch back in 1974 and I’m still using it, keeps perfect time.

Something different from the Red and White Shop so well done to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Rolex are great, the movement is wonderful engineering and will last for many generations, but Patek Philippe mentioned by Brin is jewellery by comparison (in my opinion) They both tell the same time I suppose. I can't understand why anyone would wear a fake watch by either of these makers. However, I did wear a real one in the Borough and yet nobody tried to mug me.
    My best watch is a Frederique Constant, it’s an excellent watch.

Day to day I wear a Citizen ecodrive

Toy shops have these in if anyone is interested

Name:  ADFA71AD-225E-4144-AD3C-F94432F81E6E.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  10.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Toy shops have these in if anyone is interested

Name:  ADFA71AD-225E-4144-AD3C-F94432F81E6E.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  10.5 KB
    Hmm the climate change activists won't like that one.

I'm really looking for one where you can try to get the balls into Mickey Mouses ears

Does anyone wear an Apple iWatch thingy? I don't and probably never will, I can't imagine ever getting to a stage in my life where I think "my life will be better with this silly product in it".

Just curious as to their capabilities and the types of characters who wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Does anyone wear an Apple iWatch thingy? I don't and probably never will, I can't imagine ever getting to a stage in my life where I think "my life will be better with this silly product in it".

Just curious as to their capabilities and the types of characters who wear them.
    Agree but I’m sure some will find then useful where others just follow the trend

I couldn’t imagine wearing a watch that does some of the same things the phone in my pocket does, looks ridiculous and has to be charged up everyday.

I’ve got one of those fit-to-drop-bit watches

Got about 20 watches. One of them is an Apple watch which I bought on a whim. Only tend to use it for fitness related stuff - recording workouts and heart rates etc. Not really my cup of tea, not least of which because the icons are far too small to see properly when your eyes are as old as the rest of you. Also a pain having to keep it charged up. On the plus side, the latest ones tell you if you're about to keel over and die, which is probably useful information.

I bought a cheapo Sekonda for £18 for when I go fishing. Don't mind knocking that about or risk damaging it, well not at that price.

Daily, I wear a Raymond Weil. I bought it in Cyprus over 20 years ago. I once damaged the glass/face. My insurance company offered me a tidy sum to replace it but, I insisted I wanted it repairing because of appearance and sentimental value so, sent it back to Raymond Weil which they gladly did for a few hundred quid. Best watch I've ever owned.
    Last edited by Brin; 14-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast