+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Derby County CHARGED by the EFL.

The EFL want them to drop the 'O' from their name.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Gracious as usual Rev love you really ,good luck for next season , just proves cheats do prosper I will be spying on your results

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Morning Rev. There's been a few bits over us in the press this year which might cause concern. However, apart from the 2 charges from which we have just been exonerated, they all have something in common. Their origin. A certain journalist from the Daily Fail who appears to have it in for DCFC. We ignore him.

On a different tack, what are your thoughts on your 1st season back in the PL? Where do you, realistically, think you will finish? Mine? Middle of the bottom half, clear of relegation giving you a platform to build from. Would you be happy with a 14th to 16th place first season back?
    Well if Mel 'Morals' Morris hasn't done anything wrong then fair play but the whole thing stinks in my opinion..no doubt the EFL will invent a new rule so it can't happen again.

Give me 16th right now Madamaster..would be a good season and like you say a platform to build on.But I would be happy with just staying in the division in truth.Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    The EFL want them to drop the 'O' from their name.
    And swap the Y for an S
    Last edited by Rev72; 26-08-2020 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Morning Rev. There's been a few bits over us in the press this year which might cause concern. However, apart from the 2 charges from which we have just been exonerated, they all have something in common. Their origin. A certain journalist from the Daily Fail who appears to have it in for DCFC. We ignore him.

On a different tack, what are your thoughts on your 1st season back in the PL? Where do you, realistically, think you will finish? Mine? Middle of the bottom half, clear of relegation giving you a platform to build from. Would you be happy with a 14th to 16th place first season back?
    Anything above 18th is a good season - will allow some of the youngsters to come on too. From a crop of about 8 or 9 hopefully 2 or 3 will push on and become very good first team players. The reserves seem to have quality in all areas of the pitch too.

Forgive those of us on here that are smiling a little at Derby but the phrase what goes around comes around does seem a bit apt. Frank Lampard trying to say Spygate was the most heinous thing in football genuinely funny made funnier by the Bielsa debrief of how to beat you.

Mel Morris doesn’t really engender sympathy outside of your club much in the way that when we had Ken Bates Imam sure it didn’t help our popularity.

Good luck with the Football League and hope we don’t have to deal with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Anything above 18th is a good season - will allow some of the youngsters to come on too. From a crop of about 8 or 9 hopefully 2 or 3 will push on and become very good first team players. The reserves seem to have quality in all areas of the pitch too.

Forgive those of us on here that are smiling a little at Derby but the phrase what goes around comes around does seem a bit apt. Frank Lampard trying to say Spygate was the most heinous thing in football genuinely funny made funnier by the Bielsa debrief of how to beat you.

Mel Morris doesn’t really engender sympathy outside of your club much in the way that when we had Ken Bates Imam sure it didn’t help our popularity.

Good luck with the Football League and hope we don’t have to deal with them again.
    In peace mate not to sure about some of your reserves I was at Loughborough and watched you lose 7-1 I thought quite a few of you lads were playing in the wrong age group . Not sure why your not keen on Mel Morris he's no different to any other owner only doing what is right for his club He's not done anything illegal that's been proven so far He just had the brain to think outside the box Your club have had your share of bad owners like most clubs Anyway have a good season I've really enjoyed watching your team ,I really like Bielsa not only a great manager he's a gentleman

In peace mate not to sure about some of your reserves I was at Loughborough and watched you lose 7-1 I thought quite a few of you lads were playing in the wrong age group . Not sure why your not keen on Mel Morris he's no different to any other owner only doing what is right for his club He's not done anything illegal that's been proven so far He just had the brain to think outside the box Your club have had your share of bad owners like most clubs Anyway have a good season I've really enjoyed watching your team ,I really like Bielsa not only a great manager he's a gentleman
    A gentleman..... Just like The Rev............

The EFL report is apparently 122 pages long. Below is a small excerpt from it. Remembering Leeds' runs in with the footballing authorities, it seems our 2 clubs might actually be kindred spirits......

Name:  Mel.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  38.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Well if Mel 'Morals' Morris hasn't done anything wrong then fair play but the whole thing stinks in my opinion..no doubt the EFL will invent a new rule so it can't happen again.

Give me 16th right now Madamaster..would be a good season and like you say a platform to build on.But I would be happy with just staying in the division in truth.Fingers crossed

And swap the Y for an S
    Im sure Leeds will get more than 11pts .

Alf go cast your hook elsewhere no one is biting .......

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Alf go cast your hook elsewhere no one is biting .......
    give it chance to sink. Lol

Mel Morris was quite gobby about Leeds and his handling of the drink drive shambles earlier this year was pretty poor.

Agreed about Bielsa - he seems to have very good values and treats everyone with respect irrespective of who they are.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)