+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports fixtures being cancelled in sympathy with BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    How many shots is acceptable Roly?

If say twice but he didn’t kill him and then he shot the officer would that be ok?
    I dunno but this copper must have been piss poor with a gun. 7 shots even smith would score with 7 shots! He plainly was getting some perverse kick out of it whether the guy was at fault or not. That's the trouble with the yank culture everybody thinks they are in John Wayne movie all exacerbated by stupid gun laws which the feckin moron at the top will do nowt about.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Really? I’ve never shot a gun either but I couldn’t say if I’d hit the target, in fact I’m more to believing that I’d probably shoot my foot instead
    These are trained police officers not me and thee mtop who have only used spud and cap guns when we were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    These are trained police officers not me and thee mtop who have only used spud and cap guns when we were kids.
    Do you actually know why he fired seven shots though? Do you know he wasn’t threatening to shoot the kids?
    I don’t know the answers so how can I defend any of them?

My knowledge of the gun toting coppers in America is that that issue wouldn't cone in to the equation even if it was true. Shoot first and ask questions later. Thank Christ our police force isn't like that..yet...

I dunno but this copper must have been piss poor with a gun. 7 shots even smith would score with 7 shots!.
    What about if the person shooting was Gisbert Bos
    Even if he was wearing white boots I think he would struggle

Good point maybe he was the Gisjbert bos of the us police force.lets put it this way if he took 7 shots to shoot me I would fancy my chances if I was criminal in America.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The real issue here is that the internet and the wide availability of mobile phone footage has turned large swathes of the public into judge, jury and executioner (a lynch mob - but some people get a bit overly sensitive about that categorisation – it’s an unpalatable truth).

It’s for a jury to decide whether the police officer used excessive and unlawful force having had all of the evidence tested in front of them. The fact that he fired seven shots is being held out as ‘proof’ that he was acting unlawfully whereas it may be exactly the opposite – it may well indicate that he perceived a very high level of threat from Jacob Blake. The police officer's lawyers will certainly argue that.

Blake’s character may well be highly relevant – if Blake is a person with a history of violence and the use of weapons and the officer had been made aware of that (officers in the UK are routinely given details of any ‘markers’ for an address or individual that they are being deployed to) then that would alter his perception of the risk that he faced and would have a bearing upon whether his actions were reasonable (certainly under UK law and probably US law too).

The sad thing is that city centres will burn if a jury does not come up with the ‘right’ verdict for the mob.
    Or maybe its just another black guy shot dead by white cops in a rancid country eged on by a despicable government and people are making excuses for it.

Good point maybe he was the Gisjbert bos of the us police force.lets put it this way if he took 7 shots to shoot me I would fancy my chances if I was criminal in America.
    I can't believe you dissed Smudger by the way. He's a cult hero at the nys

He speaks the same language as Dan Barlasser so is probably chief negotiator and interpreter for Paul Douglas
    Last edited by flourbasher; 30-08-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Well yes much more likely I reckon. It is a corrupt country rum by absolute fruit cases. Feck knows why anybody would like to live there! Land of the free? Yep free to be shot at by various nutters.

He plainly was getting some perverse kick out of it whether the guy was at fault or not.
    Yes, I'm sure he went out to work last Sunday, under the current 'climate' thinking "If I get the chance today I'm going to shoot a black guy 7 times". Or alternatively, after being called out to a domestic violence situation involving a known felon with an outstanding arrest warrant, having tried to de-escalate the situation, been placed in a headlock by the known felon, seen him make a break for it with potentially fatal consequences he made a split second decision to do what he's trained and paid to do, protect the general public.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast