+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: O/T cant get my breath

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Yes both directions for me. (Full knee replacement March 2020.) Bending exercise involved lying along the edge of the bed with surgery leg hanging over. With a belt looped around my ankle I pulled the bent leg up towards the back of my thigh as far as I could. Painful but not as bad as the straightening exercise with the weights as Ronners described - agony that was!.

Here's hoping for speedy recoveries in the Crash household...
    Did you shop around for where to get yours done or was it all covered? Just watching on TV about the variation in prices charged, knees were as low as $15K up to $75K. One woman needing an eye procedure had been quoted $40K, shopped around and got a quote across the country for under $4K. Told her surgeon she was going to fly and get it done elsewhere at which point he price matched the $4K. Disgusting really!

Well back to the original thread, the gall bladder op was done at Thornbury, normally a pay hospital but the NHS fund patients to attend when their own capacity can’t cope

Same with hip and knee ops, the state system going private

gall bladder and hip operation total about 14k.
    all paid for . a small proportion of 50 years of N.I payments.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Did you shop around for where to get yours done or was it all covered? Just watching on TV about the variation in prices charged, knees were as low as $15K up to $75K. One woman needing an eye procedure had been quoted $40K, shopped around and got a quote across the country for under $4K. Told her surgeon she was going to fly and get it done elsewhere at which point he price matched the $4K. Disgusting really!
    All covered by Medicare and Part F supplement through Blue Shield of California . The insurances paid out about $40k including physio. Given that they massively beat down the quoted medical charges, I can believe some of those quotes

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    gall bladder and hip operation total about 14k.
    all paid for . a small proportion of 50 years of N.I payments.
    Or you could come ashore in a dinghy on Dover beach and get exactly the same for absolutely nothing

I don't think many of us can imagine being brave enough or desperate enough to set out in a dinghy for Dover beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I don't think many of us can imagine being brave enough or desperate enough to set out in a dinghy for Dover beach.
    True, plus the trek across half a dozen or more other European countries to get to the dinghy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Too true , the M1 is a nightmare at the moment .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345