+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Score and scorers vs. Wealdstone 13.03.21 [NL]

Wealdstone 1-3 Notts County
    Rawlinson, Wootton 2
    V.att one less than usual but I might change my mind at 2.55pm.

Feeling confident despite recent performances. 2-0 Notts starting another run of clean sheets. Ellis and Rawlinson taking goal-scoring pressure off the front men / Wootton with 2 goals from set-pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Feeling confident despite recent performances. 2-0 Notts starting another run of clean sheets. Ellis and Rawlinson taking goal-scoring pressure off the front men / Wootton with 2 goals from set-pieces.
    Very damning that not one defender has scored for us this season, especially given the number of goals we concede from them.

From the OS...

"Neal Ardley says he understands supporters’ current frustrations and is more determined than ever to lead us to promotion.

The team has been on a run of disappointing results and performances of late – one Ardley is hoping to end when we visit Wealdstone on Saturday.

And the boss has no qualms with some of the recent criticism leveled at him and his side.

“I totally understand fans’ frustrations,” he said. “I haven’t enjoyed watching us play recently – I really haven’t.

“It’s not down to a lack of hard work on the training field, but we’ve not looked enough of a threat going forward. I’d be disappointed if I was a fan.

“My job is to turn it around and I hope I can do that quickly so the supporters can forget about this blip.

“It’s going to take effort and togetherness. From the staff down, we’re in it together. There’s no blame culture – I take full responsibility and I’m doing all I can to get the best out of this group of players.

“Only recently we were passing it well and scoring brilliant team goals against Solihull and Stockport. All of a sudden, we now can’t seem to string three passes together and look a poor side.

"It’s my job to sort that out.”

Ardley and his staff are finalising their preparations for the trip to Grosvenor Vale and it remains to be seen whether new signing Lewis Knight will be part of his plans.

“We’ve had discussions about him and have talked to him personally,” revealed Ardley.

“He’s an honest lad and he feels he’s probably not ready to start. He’s got work to do.

“Putting him on the bench is a Catch-22 situation because, even if he gets 15 minutes’ game-time, you lose a weekend where he could have been working hard on his fitness.

“If he’s not in the squad it’ll be because we’re trying to get his levels where they need to be.”

Plenty of meat there to pick out with a pitchfork I suspect
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-03-2021 at 03:59 PM.

With a fine toothcomb (or sharpened pitchfork), line by line.

Whatever a manager says when a team is on a losing streak like we are can easily be spun to allow easy criticism from fans. Doesn't matter what he says and how you interpret it you just need to start winning games. It's as simple as that.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    From the OS...

"Neal Ardley says he understands supporters’ current frustrations and is more determined than ever to lead us to promotion.

The team has been on a run of disappointing results and performances of late – one Ardley is hoping to end when we visit Wealdstone on Saturday.

And the boss has no qualms with some of the recent criticism leveled at him and his side.

“I totally understand fans’ frustrations,” he said. “I haven’t enjoyed watching us play recently – I really haven’t.

“It’s not down to a lack of hard work on the training field, but we’ve not looked enough of a threat going forward. I’d be disappointed if I was a fan.

“My job is to turn it around and I hope I can do that quickly so the supporters can forget about this blip.

“It’s going to take effort and togetherness. From the staff down, we’re in it together. There’s no blame culture – I take full responsibility and I’m doing all I can to get the best out of this group of players.

“Only recently we were passing it well and scoring brilliant team goals against Solihull and Stockport. All of a sudden, we now can’t seem to string three passes together and look a poor side.

"It’s my job to sort that out.”

Ardley and his staff are finalising their preparations for the trip to Grosvenor Vale and it remains to be seen whether new signing Lewis Knight will be part of his plans.

“We’ve had discussions about him and have talked to him personally,” revealed Ardley.

“He’s an honest lad and he feels he’s probably not ready to start. He’s got work to do.

“Putting him on the bench is a Catch-22 situation because, even if he gets 15 minutes’ game-time, you lose a weekend where he could have been working hard on his fitness.

“If he’s not in the squad it’ll be because we’re trying to get his levels where they need to be.”

Plenty of meat there to pick out with a pitchfork I suspect
    Can you be ready to add this thread to the Ardley in/out one please Swale.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Can you be ready to add this thread to the Ardley in/out one please Swale.
    Hes right..
    It's his job to sort it out..
    Fingers crossed he can prove all us doubters wrong.
    Find some Gonads and get the best of of this squad...
    Theres a great team in there trying to get out...!

I don't know if things are meant to get worse before they get better, but it would be difficult to be worse than we were on Tuesday night against Halifax so perhaps we hit rock bottom and the only way is up from this point.

Today I would like to see us get the basic's right and that means everyone winning their individual battles, playing with confidence and intensity, and having a solid back line, more creativity and quality in the final third. We have conceded two goals in each of the last two league games so I'd like to see us tighten up at the back and then we may get something out of the game.

The fact that it's Wealdstone makes no difference for me. If we don't do the basics right and play with intensity we won't beat anyone.

Therefore;

Wealdstone 0-1 Notts County

Effiong to get his first goal for the club.

I'm not bothering with virtual attendance as this is never declared.

[QUOTE=MAD_MAGPIE;39728942]

Today I would like to see us get the basic's right and that means everyone winning their individual battles, playing with confidence and intensity, and having a solid back line, more creativity and quality in the final third. We have conceded two goals in each of the last two league games so I'd like to see us tighten up at the back and then we may get something out of the game.

The fact that it's Wealdstone makes no difference for me. If we don't do the basics right and play with intensity we won't beat anyone.

Spot on 👍

[QUOTE=MAD_MAGPIE;39728942]

Spot on 👍

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast