+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game - tenuous links

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I've stood in the same rooms as Elvis Presley
    Sun Studios? Me too, and Graceland

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    There were a lot of fights with skinheads outside the Sandpiper. I used to avoid it on Saturday nights as it was frequented by the Green Jacket boys from over the river, one of who was a good mate of mine. A lovely bloke when Fword weren’t playing - though not the sort to get on the wrong side of, if he hit you you stayed hit.
    Green Jackets, what a blast from the past. Beer, Ska, and a brawl.

Sorry if I make you all jealous but I once bumped into the Krankies, one summer, in Scarborough 😂.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Sorry if I make you all jealous but I once bumped into the Krankies, one summer, in Scarborough 😂.
    Billy Davies?

I once saw Anthea Turner on the telly.

I'm going to throw this into the mix my gf at the time went to measure up a house in mapperly top for blinds.it was for a lady called mrs bulsara (sure I've spelt it wrong) .only freddy mercury's mum....
    Does that count.?

I went to Primary school with Simon Mayo's wife to be Hilary.

Talking of Simon Mayo and Notts I'll never forget being at that cup quarter final with Spurs when they beat us thanks in part to Gazza's elbow on Harding not being punished accordingly. Mayo was a DJ on Radio Red and was always vocal of his support for Spurs. 5 thousand plus Notts fans repeatedly chanting "Simon Mayo what a w*nker" for the MOTD audience was quite a laugh.

I worked in a bar that was owned by Richard Liburd's cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I once saw Anthea Turner on the telly.
    I stood behind her many years ago at a ATM in London.

Just after Craig Short’s dismissal as Notts County manager, I wandered into a West Bridgford hostelry with my wife for a quick lunchtime drink. To my amazement, I stumbled upon virtually the entire playing squad and management team having a farewell drink with Craig. They were all sat in a large circle, taking up virtually the whole of the bar.
    I ordered a drink for the two of us and we managed to grab a seat in a corner. Anyway, after a while, Lee Hughes, joined the group and happened to be standing in front of us. At one point he turned round and apologised for crowding us out. However, Mrs M explained that I was a big County fan and told him not to worry. We ended up having quite a lengthy chat with Hughesy but the highlight was when he bought a round of shots for everybody and insisted on us both having one too.
    Despite the circumstances, we had a very enjoyable hour or so mixing with what was a very talented group of players.

Wasn’t as good as bumping into the Krankies though!! 😂

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast