+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a defensive coach urgently

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think that among the favourites,Torquay are the team I'd lay, but at the moment third place for us is a bit higher than I'd predict.
    I agree that at the moment their are too many unknowns. How fit will Lacey and Roberts be. Will Rodrigues continue his late season form.
    The obvious one is of the 4-5 signings IB wants to make, how many are to strengthen the starting 11 compared to squad players.
    I also look at our first 8 fixtures or so and other than Torquay and Wrexham who will both be tough, the rest if those fixtures present a genuine opportunity to gain real momentum.
    Time will tell of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree that at the moment their are too many unknowns. How fit will Lacey and Roberts be. Will Rodrigues continue his late season form.
    The obvious one is of the 4-5 signings IB wants to make, how many are to strengthen the starting 11 compared to squad players.
    I also look at our first 8 fixtures or so and other than Torquay and Wrexham who will both be tough, the rest if those fixtures present a genuine opportunity to gain real momentum.
    Time will tell of course.
    Why will Wrexham be tough. Their current recruitment is at best average. Now Stockport on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Why will Wrexham be tough. Their current recruitment is at best average. Now Stockport on the other hand....
    An away game against a side that did well last season, 48 hours after playing on the Saturday against the play off finalists we lost to. Oh, when was the last time we won away whilst on TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    An away game against a side that did well last season, 48 hours after playing on the Saturday against the play off finalists we lost to. Oh, when was the last time we won away whilst on TV?
    Based on their recruitment so far I would say that every dog has its day!

We might have to respect the point in this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Im sure we will give it a right go of course we will but as has been said by a few on hear. We cannot expect to win games if we concede 2 and there were too many Solihull moors away moments for my liking so..,,
    As i said when i started the thread we need some good coaching to defend our own goal. Trouble is some fans on hear are in denial or just a little stubborn to see an obvious weakness and prefer to be sarcastic insulting or just plain daft but i put it out there to provoke meaningful debate…. At least we got some for those inputs i thank you
    Tend to agree, stop the errors at the back, so the need to score 2 or 3 goals per game can be reduced.

Only 3 teams conceded less and 8 teams scored more.
    Our issue last season wasn’t conceding goals.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Only 3 teams conceded less and 8 teams scored more.
    Our issue last season wasn’t conceding goals.

Apart from the playoffs of course or dont they count……

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Apart from the playoffs of course or dont they count……
    To be honest playoffs are effectively cup games rather than league, so whilst they do obviously count they are not the same.

Surely in one off play off games only the result counts? I wouldn't care if we won 1-0 or 5-4, as long as we won.

You have to judge GF and GA over a whole season or entire tenure of a manager if applicable. It's also important to not focus entirely on one and never mention the other a la Kelton

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Surely in one off play off games only the result counts? I wouldn't care if we won 1-0 or 5-4, as long as we won.

You have to judge GF and GA over a whole season or entire tenure of a manager if applicable. It's also important to not focus entirely on one and never mention the other a la Kelton

Not sure what you are suggesting but if it is my supposed greater admiration for NA, you are wrong Laddo. NA made mistakes which cost us dearly but he did get us to the playoff final having started that season with the club in admin and without a sqaud. He left us in 5th place which is where we finished season end. IB now has a full season ahead to prove himself and I like everyone wants sucess for the club.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast