+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Magpie circle podcast YouTube

Not sure how anyone takes Mace seriously. The guy is on a permanent ego stroking trip. Because he's worked in football and in the know.

His hatchet job on IB struck me as sour grapes because he's not a traditional football guy. Like his boardroom chums and old school way of thinking.

Happy to see so many have formed a similar opinion of Mace and the Magpie Circle as me. It's a bit of a shame cos the guests can be very good and provide some good comments but you have to wade slowly , really slowly through the presenters ego trip and laborious presenting style.

I've only managed to successfully trudge through a full episode twice including that hatchet job on the head coach. That made awkward and embarks viewing.

I listened to this out of curiosity after reading this thread. So Mace rang (pestered) the Halifax assistant manager to apologise for IB's comments on the club's behalf?

Who the devil does this clown think he is?!

And based on that call, he decides to tell the Notts supporters that IB isn't liked by any other manager because he has no managerial record?

It's absolutely bizarre. Mace knows nothing and quite why people keep going on his podcast I do not know. If i were at the club i would stop players participating in his little show right now. Don't feed his ego Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I listened to this out of curiosity after reading this thread. So Mace rang (pestered) the Halifax assistant manager to apologise for IB's comments on the club's behalf?

And based on that call, he decides to tell the Notts supporters that IB isn't liked by any other manager because he has no managerial record?

It's absolutely bizarre. Mace knows nothing and quite why people keep going on his podcast I do not know. If i were at the club i would stop players participating in his little show right now. Don't feed his ego Notts.
    It wasn't the Halifax manager, it was his friend Martin Tyler (the Sky Sports commentator) who is also assistant manager of Woking.
    Like him or not, Mace is very well connected having worked in the game for a long time and will get to hear the gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It wasn't the Halifax manager, it was his friend Martin Tyler (the Sky Sports commentator) who is also assistant manager of Woking.
    Like him or not, Mace is very well connected having worked in the game for a long time and will get to hear the gossip.
    Still extremely weird behaviour, though. IB barely even said anything about them, just that they were direct and caused us problems from that and set pieces. Which.. they were?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    IB barely even said anything about them, just that they were direct and caused us problems from that and set pieces. Which.. they were?
    That's the issue apparently, that he's dismissive of other teams and is getting a reputation for that amongst other NL clubs.
    As Stallard says , it's not necessarily a bad thing to be not liked - if you can get under other manager's skin for example. Mace however will be coming from a background where it's very important to make friends and contacts, so he will see it differently.

If true this is some juicy stuff. Perfect for NCM. As Jacob says extremely weird behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If true this is some juicy stuff. Perfect for NCM. As Jacob says extremely weird behaviour.
    What's weird is the way people are reacting to an independent podcaster and his reference to a conversation between two friends.
    If you have a mate who supports another club and you happen to play them, first thing you're going to do after the game is ring them up or message them. People are going on as if he;s written a formal letter of apology on official Notts County stationary.

Mace isn't a broadcaster, he's just doing this as a fan which means he doesn't have to happy clap or put a positive spin on everything at all times. At the top of the episode he says something about not going over the top about Burchnall either way. People are now just making stuff up to bash him with or being exremely selective with what he's said. I'd understand it if it was the BBC or Central News, but for a fellow fan providing a a good service for free, it isn't justified IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    What's weird is the way people are reacting to an independent podcaster and his reference to a conversation between two friends.
    If you have a mate who supports another club and you happen to play them, first thing you're going to do after the game is ring them up or message them. People are going on as if he;s written a formal letter of apology on official Notts County stationary.

Mace isn't a broadcaster, he's just doing this as a fan which means he doesn't have to happy clap or put a positive spin on everything at all times. At the top of the episode he says something about not going over the top about Burchnall either way. People are now just making stuff up to bash him with or being exremely selective with what he's said. I'd understand it if it was the BBC or Central News, but for a fellow fan providing a a good service for free, it isn't justified IMHO.
    It take it you are one of the sycophants in his comments section? I think it's his ego that is winding people up. He definitely belongs in the Alan Hardy era.

He can't make a sweeping statement that IB isn't liked or respected in the National League based on a chat with his chum. Fake news!

It take it you are one of the sycophants in his comments section?
    No, I'm not. I watch youtube without being logged in.
    I very rarely watch his match preview shows but enjoy his chats with ex-players and his book was excellent.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast