+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ot vegan

Good - don't really know anything about cardio rehab but perhaps they'll keep some Zoom sessions even after this to save on time and travel for some people - sounds like you're doing all that can be asked of you, fair play!

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Why meat substitutes? The whole idea is that we can live fine without it - or with it - just individual choice. Both choices can provide enough of what the body needs
    I use some meat substitutes because I want to cut my meat consumption but I like meat.

I suppose it's a little analogous to smokers switching to vaping. Some smokers want to stop, but find it too hard and so settle on a half way house.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I use some meat substitutes because I want to cut my meat consumption but I like meat.

I suppose it's a little analogous to smokers switching to vaping. Some smokers want to stop, but find it too hard and so settle on a half way house.
    Seems a sensible approach, more sensible than just doing it to be “ on trend”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But the whole vegan thing has a selling point of being a better diet.

In this case obviously it isn’t
    As we've established that in this case the salt is the same as the meat equivalent, what is making it comparatively more unhealthy than anything else? Or even unhealthy at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Rehydrated Textured Soya Protein Concentrate (16%) (Water, Soya Protein, Wheat Protein, Salt, Soya Bean Oil, Natural Flavouring), Rusk (Wheat), Coconut Oil, Soya Protein Concentrate (4%), Chicory Root Fibre, Less than 2%: Stabiliser: Methylcellulose, Natural Flavourings, Yeast Extracts, Herbs, Spices, Spice Extracts, Flavourings, Colours: Beetroot, Safflower, Salt

The salt content is 1.5% which they don’t need to quantify on the packaging

Yum yum

Vegan maybe but healthy they aren’t

Plus there’s the environmental impact of growing all that soya

Still the Guardian Reading Lib Dem’s like them
    That's what I was meaning about checking what's in em - they're basically carbs rather than protein. Linda Mccartney ones are the best nutritionally and you can get em a bit crispy on the outside too if that's your thing

Also just a shout for some non-meat replacement stuff and more traditional English style vegan grub, order yourself some British-grown Carlin peas from Hodmedods, boil em up til they're softish like mushy peas, mix in some marge and salt and a load of vinegar and you've got Lancs-style Parched Peas, cracking in winter on a bit of toast

Similar product but cheaper than the McCartney brand

Wheatfeed, Barley, Rape, Molasses, Maize, Vitamins and Minerals, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Chloride, Binder E565, Magnesium Oxide.

Low salt and sugar content and a market leader

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Also just a shout for some non-meat replacement stuff and more traditional English style vegan grub, order yourself some British-grown Carlin peas from Hodmedods, boil em up til they're softish like mushy peas, mix in some marge and salt and a load of vinegar and you've got Lancs-style Parched Peas, cracking in winter on a bit of toast
    My boss reckons that he's vegan. the last person we employed was a woman who raises chicken for their eggs. My boss asked if the chickens were going to be eaten after their laying days are over. She said not so he buys a dozen eggs per week off her with the peice of mind that nothing is harmed in the process!

Quite strange!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    My boss reckons that he's vegan. the last person we employed was a woman who raises chicken for their eggs. My boss asked if the chickens were going to be eaten after their laying days are over. She said not so he buys a dozen eggs per week off her with the peice of mind that nothing is harmed in the process!

Quite strange!
    A vegan egg eater.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    A vegan egg eater.
    I struggle daily with his contradictions but he's never been wrong

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345