+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining games- Who stays up?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Omg just looked at the coming games Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea Brighton top of Brentford I'll go as far as to say if we don't get 3 points from Palace we are doomed
    Hope even if we get the 3 points I fear we will be holding on to our pants till the end. I was feeling so positive why did I look at the fixture
    Burnley, I think plays all the bottom sides after Wolves and if they play as they did with the freedom they will get points. I Fear it might be us or Everton.
    We don't play Liverpool, we play Man City. Just as bad I suppose. Important thing is, it will take good runs by Both Everton and Burnley to push us down.

Burnley have a doable run in and I fully expect them to get out of it - its looking like us or Everton.

We have 6 games left with a 5 point cushion to Burnley -it’s in our hands and Palace, Brighton and Brentford all games where we should expect to pick up points.

Man City tricky but Chelsea and Arsenal there is an outside chance of something.

Phillips should be fitter for the run in too.

I can see Everton and Burnley quite easily both getting 9 points from their last games, which takes them to 37 and 38 points. I genuinely can't see us getting more than 4 points, as our goal difference is diabolical, we are probably screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I can see Everton and Burnley quite easily both getting 9 points from their last games, which takes them to 37 and 38 points. I genuinely can't see us getting more than 4 points, as our goal difference is diabolical, we are probably screwed.
    Watford pretty much gone now they need 12 points from 5 games to leapfrog us and Norwich gone.

Wolves and Liverpool can easily do us favours tomorrow which eases the pressure and means we should be more relaxed on Monday.

Burnley are running out of games fast and draws don’t really help them

We need to take something from the Palace game cos after that its Man City (H) Arsenal (A) Chelsea (H) Brighton (H) Brentford (A).

I see 5 points which is gonna be a tight call come the end of the season as to us staying up or going down.

The Rev is nervous

It is odd isn't it, two teams that have been tosh all year we now expect to go on runs of 2 points per game where we expect ourselves to get 0 points!

I think it is going to be tough but reckon we can get 2 more wins which will be enough, i do fancy Burnley to stay up they've got better fixtures and Everton haven't improved massively they've just come up against possibly the worst out of form scum side in a decade then got a lucky point agains Leicester at home in which they'd have wanted 3.

Couple of losses on the bounce for Everton, we beat Palace and everything is fine, but points against Palace are a must.

Those last minute goals v Norwich and Wolves suddenly looking incredibly important

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It is odd isn't it, two teams that have been tosh all year we now expect to go on runs of 2 points per game where we expect ourselves to get 0 points!

I think it is going to be tough but reckon we can get 2 more wins which will be enough, i do fancy Burnley to stay up they've got better fixtures and Everton haven't improved massively they've just come up against possibly the worst out of form scum side in a decade then got a lucky point agains Leicester at home in which they'd have wanted 3.

Couple of losses on the bounce for Everton, we beat Palace and everything is fine, but points against Palace are a must.

Those last minute goals v Norwich and Wolves suddenly looking incredibly important
    Think we may have enough points already but 3 v palace would be very very welcome for the nerves.

Praying that Liverpool and wolves do us a favour tomorrow, those late goals against wolves and Norwich do seem so so important now, Burnley seem to have a new lease of life and are past masters at doing the great escape. Everton have Liverpool, Chelsea and arsenal so I'm hoping they are all losses, its certainly going to be close, nerve jangling.....also villa must be having a nervous look over their shoulder, wouldn't that be nice to see them dragged into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    We don't play Liverpool, we play Man City. Just as bad I suppose. Important thing is, it will take good runs by Both Everton and Burnley to push us down.
    Yes, you are right I don't usually lower my colors hehe Actually, we have a better record with the city than Pool.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)