+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: St Perth away on Gothenburg Day +39

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    I have read so many posts here about ‘this was the worst \Aberdeen performance I’ve ever seen’ and thought, ‘no, you don’t have a memory’ but, for me, this was the worst I’ve seen in 50 years. I don’t buy the argument of ‘we don’t care, we won’t be here next season’ as who would recruit any of our players based on recent performances. As for Goodwin, what does he do? Overhaul sounds great but he has two international centre halfs who cannot be cheap. There is presumably no way he can offload them in the summer as they have probably been the poorest central defensive pairing in the league, maybe not helped by zonal marking which seems to have been undone by the razor sharp forward play of the last four bottom six teams we have played.

I fear we go into the break with overpaid underachievers we will not be able to shift. How many million are we going to get for Ferguson based on recent performances? And with the dead wood clogging Pittodrie, how attractive is a move to the third worst team in the league for anyone we try to attract?
    I neither watched or listened to the game, but sounds a real horror show before you are saying the worst performance in 50 years, as there is some stiff opposition for that title.

Getting rid of players will be a huge issue and paying up contracts it taking a lot out money out of the pot for new players.

However we dress it up it is all a bit of a mess at the moment and the manager has some job on his hands in the next few months trying to fix it for next season. The tickets for next season have been bought, so I am still positive that next season will be better...

I just can't believe the amount of posters on here who just assume the manager will still be here. He should be gone on the weekend. Told immediatly after the inevitable defeat to St Mirren. You really want to give this guy the summer transfer window? Insane. Hibs hopefully set a precedent and it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    I just can't believe the amount of posters on here who just assume the manager will still be here. He should be gone on the weekend. Told immediatly after the inevitable defeat to St Mirren. You really want to give this guy the summer transfer window? Insane. Hibs hopefully set a precedent and it will happen.
    There’s no doubt we are in a sticky situation here with Goodwin but we can’t sack him already even if in 6 months time it would’ve turned out to be the right decision. We have to give him the summer transfer window to build his own team , although I have my suspicions it will resemble St Mirren 2020/21 but on higher wages.

Unfortunately the failed Glass experiment has put us in this situation, DC felt the pressure and went for what he saw as a relatively safe option in Goodwin and the fact that we paid for him he has avoided being lambasted for going for a cheap option.

Anyway, last game of a dreadful season tomorrow so let’s just be happy we are still in the league …..what a shocking thing to have to be saying .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    There’s no doubt we are in a sticky situation here with Goodwin but we can’t sack him already even if in 6 months time it would’ve turned out to be the right decision. We have to give him the summer transfer window to build his own team , although I have my suspicions it will resemble St Mirren 2020/21 but on higher wages.

Unfortunately the failed Glass experiment has put us in this situation, DC felt the pressure and went for what he saw as a relatively safe option in Goodwin and the fact that we paid for him he has avoided being lambasted for going for a cheap option.

Anyway, last game of a dreadful season tomorrow so let’s just be happy we are still in the league …..what a shocking thing to have to be saying .
    I think he should be relieved of his duties, his man management is shocking and there will be plenty of good coaches to go for in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    I think he should be relieved of his duties, his man management is shocking and there will be plenty of good coaches to go for in a couple of weeks.
    I agree that there are question marks over his man management skills BB but we can’t become one of these clubs that goes through 2 or 3 managers a season, that is a recipe for disaster. I actually think Goodwin was a rushed appointment and we should’ve taken our time over it a bit more .

Tottaly, never ideal changing so often but Goodwin surely has to hit the ground running, or it's tattie byes.

Tottaly, never ideal changing so often but Goodwin surely has to hit the ground running, or it's tattie byes.
    There is no doubt that Goodwin has not had the impact you might have hoped for as a new manager, but I still put that mainly down to the squad that Glass and to an extent McInnes left him with. The dross that Glass signed or resigned was incredible and added virtually nothing to our future

Ramirez - good start but now sulked and won't be back
    Brown - good against sevco but not much else, also sulked after Glass left
    Jet - complete failure
    Jenks - big (handball) goal against St J as it now turns out but otherwise a failure
    Longstaff - complete failure
    Watkins - too injury prone
    Samuels - complete failure
    Polvara - jury still out
    Woods - bombscare
    Gallacher - major reason for our inability to keep a clean sheet
    Bates - see Gallacher
    Besuijen - jury still out, spends too much time falling over which refs have already sussed
    Gurr - complete failure
    McGinn - resigned but added virtually nothing

We critisised McInnes for his hit and miss transfers but at least he had some decent hits. I have never seen such a collection of failures by a single manager in a single season as that list above so I have some sympathy for what Goodwin has been forced to work with especially when you add in that Ferguson and likely Ramsey want away so are not exactly busting a gut for him.

I am happy to judge Goodwin on both who he signs and who he empties this Summer before getting on the "sack him bus" but there is no doubt he has used up most of his goodwill with the fans already so I agree he needs to get off to a good start next season or the pressure will be on him

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    There is no doubt that Goodwin has not had the impact you might have hoped for as a new manager, but I still put that mainly down to the squad that Glass and to an extent McInnes left him with. The dross that Glass signed or resigned was incredible and added virtually nothing to our future

Jet - complete failure
    Jenks - big (handball) goal against St J as it now turns out but otherwise a failure
    Polvara - jury still out
    Woods - bombscare
    Bates - see Gallacher
    Besuijen - jury still out, spends too much time falling over which refs have already sussed
    Gurr - complete failure

We critisised McInnes for his hit and miss transfers but at least he had some decent hits. I have never seen such a collection of failures by a single manager in a single season as that list above so I have some sympathy for what Goodwin has been forced to work with especially when you add in that Ferguson and likely Ramsey want away so are not exactly busting a gut for him.

I am happy to judge Goodwin on both who he signs and who he empties this Summer before getting on the "sack him bus" but there is no doubt he has used up most of his goodwill with the fans already so I agree he needs to get off to a good start next season or the pressure will be on him
    Good post RZ! I just hope the signings will be a huge improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Jet - complete failure
    Polvara - jury still out
    Woods - bombscare
    Bates - see Gallacher
    Gurr - complete failure

Probably can't blame McInnes too much as there's virtually a whole team there. Shocking to think we need a major summer rebuild after we just had a major summer rebuild. I'm actually glad we're not in Europe...more time to get players in.

Exactly. All day long. If it takes a pumping tomorrow for it to happen then bring it on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast