+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Off topic, beware off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I picked up a set of golf bats years ago and played on the Cairdy nine holer with them for a bit. Came to the conclusion fairly quickly that golf's for ****s.

Am I really still a still a **** for giving it a go and discovering it wasn't for me because I'm not a ****? Well, not a golfy **** anyway.
    Golfers live longer by about 8 mths on average......if that's important to you

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Golfers live longer by about 8 mths on average......if that's important to you
    8 months longer than a butterfly?

I can see that taking part in a game that requires a long walk would make someone fitter and healthier for longer. I'm fairly fit and healthy for my age.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Golf is for ****s, anybody who plays golf is a ****, anybody who has ever lifted a golf club or has thought of doing so is a ****.
    One man’s meat is another man’s poison.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Golf is for ****s, anybody who plays golf is a ****, anybody who has ever lifted a golf club or has thought of doing so is a ****.
    It cannot be anymore pointless than 22 grown men being paid to kick a ball about on a marked out area of grass.

8 months longer than a butterfly?

I can see that taking part in a game that requires a long walk would make someone fitter and healthier for longer. I'm fairly fit and healthy for my age.
    People could say the same about people who go hill waking In Scotland. When you get to the top of a hill there is usually a higher one ahead unless you are standing on the top of Ben Nevis.

Golf is for auld fowk,young fowk give it a go when the fitba stops,get bored and move on.Some of the rules I've heard fae my workmate are faf.
    At the yearly do nobody can take their blazer aff until the governor has.
    Oyf
    Cuckoo

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It cannot be anymore pointless than 22 grown men being paid to kick a ball about on a marked out area of grass.
    😆😆😆

Golf the greatest sport in the world Islay ...bar none.

������

Golf the greatest sport in the world Islay ...bar none.
    Golf's a game not a sport. Describing golf as a sport is a bit like calling snooker or darts sports.

To clarify- generally sports are played by athletes whilst darts, snooker and golf are played by people who drink too much or who are old, retired Tories. Some old, retired Tories also drink too much. I mean, just read some of the comments from the islands on this forum - gotta be pished.

Golf's a game not a sport. Describing golf as a sport is a bit like calling snooker or darts sports.

To clarify- generally sports are played by athletes whilst darts, snooker and golf are played by people who drink too much or who are old, retired Tories. Some old, retired Tories also drink too much. I mean, just read some of the comments from the islands on this forum - gotta be pished.
    Golfers are pretty fit, no many walrus or John Daley types about now.

Curious would you class Dundee mad baiting as sport/pastime/too much time.

Darts and snooker don't really require physical attributes....like curling and bowls.

Golf does.....you swing faster you hit it further makes the game easier and scoring easier.

Takes intelligence to read pace and line of putt.

Takes mental strength to fight inner demons.

Poker face to show no emotion most of the time but a wee fist pump at the right time can annoy the **** oot of an opponent.

And then the all important " I was lucky there, you played well even though I won 5&4" so that you have got completely under the other guys skin and will again **** up in a ball of rage next time.

Golf not a sport ......golf is life.😎

Golfers are pretty fit, no many walrus or John Daley types about now.

Curious would you class Dundee mad baiting as sport/pastime/too much time.

Darts and snooker don't really require physical attributes....like curling and bowls.

Golf does.....you swing faster you hit it further makes the game easier and scoring easier.

Takes intelligence to read pace and line of putt.

Takes mental strength to fight inner demons.

Poker face to show no emotion most of the time but a wee fist pump at the right time can annoy the **** oot of an opponent.

And then the all important " I was lucky there, you played well even though I won 5&4" so that you have got completely under the other guys skin and will again **** up in a ball of rage next time.

Golf not a sport ......golf is life.��
    I agree with most of what you say apart from ‘You swing faster, you hit it (the golf ball) further makes the game easier and scoring easier.
    I disagree with this. Hitting a golf ball is a matter of timing. Trying to hit the cover off the golf ball will not make it travel further. It is more likely to go off course and end up in the rough or the trees if the golf course has tree lined fairways.
    I was always told ‘the less you try to hit a golf ball the further it will go’.
    The same can also be said for kicking a football.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)