+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Prediction League 2021/22

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Point taken mate, I will have a look at the scores later, I am just going out, it seems
    you are correct, it seems only the 5 points for highest score can not be doubled with
    playing a joker, so doubling the highest goal tally points makes a difference.
    Leave it with me.
    Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Stewards Enquiry please.....

Rule number 5, the Joker

5. The Joker. One 'Joker' bet will be allowed per person for the season. Simply pick a week you wish to play your Joker and you double your points on that day only. Some may score loads of points while others may be glad they played their Joker that day, as they may well have scored very low.

BIB. It doesn't specify only points from correct result predictions will be doubled. Having correctly predicted the total goals tally I would like to argue that I therefore won 8 points instead of 3 before my score was doubled. This would put me equal first with Avondale who then received a bonus 5 points for being the highest scorer.

I look forward to the result of the enquiry

Cheers for adding them up however, appreciated. I just need points haha.
    Millerstime, I’ve read your post so ask you to refer to rule 6 on the first post about the rules. It clearly states this does not count towards your goal tally bonus. Trust this now clears the issue up for everyone, 😉

Thanks for clarifying the rule up Brin.

Therefore no double points on correct goal tally, when playing the Joker.
    Also no double points on highest score, when playing the Joker.

So 5 points maximum given on both.

No need for me to change anything now, I'm the apprentice, Brins the Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Millerstime, I’ve read your post so ask you to refer to rule 6 on the first post about the rules. It clearly states this does not count towards your goal tally bonus. Trust this now clears the issue up for everyone, 😉
    6. Highest scorer(s) on the day will receive an extra 5 bonus points. This is on predictions only and does not include the goal tally bonus.

Fair enough on the extra 5 bonus points, this clears that up. However this doesn't cover doubling of the days points by results predictions and goal tally. There is nothing to say that goal tally predictions don't qualify to be included in the doubling when using a joker. Rule 5 omits to say that goal tally isn't included, therefore I believe it should be. I think this is a niche point as people may not have guessed the tally on their joker week before but in the current rules I think it stands.

This appears to be a quirk that the rulebook hasn't accounted for (even though it is very thorough and well put together).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Brin. BTW HK didn't just miss out on the weekly win as remember the goal bonus doesn't count towards it.
    FAO Millerstale. Please see CAMillers attached post above that was posted on 20.08.2021 @ 5.11pm. It appears CAM also fully explained that the goal tally bonus wouldn’t have counted for
    HK Miller either. That to me shows others also understood that the goal tally cannot be doubled by playing a Joker.

I trust you now fully accept the ruling and good luck for the rest of the season. 👍

I will sort the table out later for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    FAO Millerstale. Please see CAMillers attached post above that was posted on 20.08.2021 @ 5.11pm. It appears CAM also fully explained that the goal tally bonus wouldn’t have counted for
    HK Miller either. That to me shows others also understood that the goal tally cannot be doubled by playing a Joker.

I trust you now fully accept the ruling and good luck for the rest of the season. ��

I will sort the table out later for everyone to see.
    Attachment 19924

I'll try and get by with getting results then, oh dear.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Attachment 19924

I'll try and get by with getting results then, oh dear.
    Have you got your parents permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Have you got your parents permission to enter.
    Hahaha they're too busy picking up my dummy that I've spat out

Brin empty your in box

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast