+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren v Aberdeen Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

We are a sh1te team in a Mickey Mouse league
    That really is the bottom line.
    Scottish football is a joke top to bottom.
    Yet as long as there's a shot at "helicopter Sunday" every season between the viles, everything is rosy.......apparently.

Jim says it’s not my fault:-

“We made a mistake at the back. We should've played forward instead of coming back to Anthony Stewart, and he makes a poor decision. "There's no legislating for the goals we've lost. And the guys who've made the mistakes are big enough and strong enough characters to hold their hands up."

Who signed Stewart? He’s quite commanding in the air, but he can’t really play football. I’ve seen many, not even playing amateur football, who are streets ahead technically.

Just watching Its a wonderful life, Remember Jim Goodwin. No Man is a failure if he has friends

And you Goodwin are one fvcking Failure !!!!

NEXT.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Glass was the wrong appointment for various reasons, even before he got the gig and Goodwin has differing reasons for not being up to the job. Cormack has got to put his ego/pride to the side and sack Goodwin then go for a manager with a winning pedigree and is able to game manage.
    I said this right at the start. Goodwin was a knee jerk panic appointment and that's 100% down to Cormack ! Absolutely no due diligence was done and his appointment was made on a couple of wins for St Mirren. And clearer to us all now Goodwin's misconceived ARROGANCE which we see now but Cormack missed at the interview .. Goodwin is a charlatan with no idea how to manage a game of football let alone a club of Aberdeen FCs stature.

I wonder which player will get the job this week of saying “ lessons will be learned “ in the local press.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I wonder which player will get the job this week of saying “ lessons will be learned “ in the local press.
    Well when you've got Rob Mclean asking the tough questions......

Goodwin is quick enough to say his players are big enough to put their hands up when they've made a mistake, sadly he doesn't have that same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Just watching Its a wonderful life, Remember Jim Goodwin. No Man is a failure if he has friends

And you Goodwin are one fvcking Failure !!!!

NEXT.
    100%^

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Surely the maist obvious lesson tae be learned fae the last few games (pay attention Mr Stewart!), which should hae been learned lang ago is .... If you are defender, and you are incapable of passing the ball to one of yer own team-mates, .... the jist BLOOTER it!

Theologian tactics talk, circa 1977 from the great Alfie McIntosh RIP
    " If in doubt, boot it out"

Preferably across at least two fitba pitches at Hazelheid so it would take ages to get it back.

No 8 minutes of injury time in those days.

Sooner I leave the country again the better as I am clearly bad luck. Or maybe we are just pish.

I told myself 9 points front the next 4 league games or I was done with Goodwin. I'm way too happy clappy and prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's just not acceptable. After (not really) holding Bisconti's to his 13th October deadline, if feel like I now can't stick to my own rules. We have the making of a good squad but can't see Goodwin get us where we should be.

Get properly managed and we're in with a real shout at (woohoo) 3rd.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast