+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: McGoldrick or Rodrigues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Ruben wasn't his usual self in the play offs but it wasn't because he was closely marked it was more that he was spent for the season but even then Bush was man marking but RR still lost him 4 to 5 times to get into decent scoring positions which another day he would have scored a couple of(probably didn't because he wanted it so much that he snatched at them) again in the final who pops up 8 minutes left in extra time to take us to penalties, then scores a penalty after missing his last one 'the bloke whose head was turned' - do me a favour
    It wasn't just in the play-offs, or did you not see all of the games..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    It wasn't just in the play-offs, or did you not see all of the games..
    Saw him in most of the games and Ruben could do things that no-one else in the team could do in a creative and visionary way, most of the crosses Nemane put in(another player you didn't rate)were because Ruben threaded the ball inside the full back.
    He was involved somewhere in most of our goals for example v Wrexham at home he put Palmer in to pull it back to Langstaff(doesn't go down as his assist though) Bromley away last minute slide rule pass to Langstaff rescues a point.
    Eastleigh at home 2nd half he missed the penalty then dug in and changed the game ,Solihull away two excellent penalties and numerous other moments during the season.
    In his position you can't be 10/10 every week but moments of magic change the game and Ruben certainly had that.
    I know from this message board that you supposedly go to every game, I'm sorry but from reading your comments about most players I think you are facing the hot dog stand rather than the pitch
    Bostock waste of time slows the game down, Williams tinkers with the team, Nemane 10 minute wonder, Mc Goldrick poor signing are some of your classics and there were many more

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Saw him in most of the games and Ruben could do things that no-one else in the team could do in a creative and visionary way, most of the crosses Nemane put in(another player you didn't rate)were because Ruben threaded the ball inside the full back.
    He was involved somewhere in most of our goals for example v Wrexham at home he put Palmer in to pull it back to Langstaff(doesn't go down as his assist though) Bromley away last minute slide rule pass to Langstaff rescues a point.
    Eastleigh at home 2nd half he missed the penalty then dug in and changed the game ,Solihull away two excellent penalties and numerous other moments during the season.
    In his position you can't be 10/10 every week but moments of magic change the game and Ruben certainly had that.
    I know from this message board that you supposedly go to every game, I'm sorry but from reading your comments about most players I think you are facing the hot dog stand rather than the pitch
    Bostock waste of time slows the game down, Williams tinkers with the team, Nemane 10 minute wonder, Mc Goldrick poor signing are some of your classics and there were many more
    If thats how you see it, then fine...Oh, and I dont eat Hot Dogs...I stand by what i think of Nemane, only time will tell if he proves himself to be better than i think.. watch this space whilst you are eating your HOT DOG..

Some interesting comments. RRs lack of genuine pace should be a negative at L1 level, but his obvious strength should be a big positive.

I hope the question we are not all asking in a few weeks is:
    McGoldrick or Langstaff?

I'm not going to be taking as much interest in RR's next step as I thought I would, he's chosen something of a backwater so let him be regaled by stories of the Milk Cup until he faints from boredom

On the other hand, the references on how good Didzy is are mouth-watering

Seeing is believing though, so I'll stick with my original pick for this question until that time. Generally speaking, players find their right level and as things stand Rodrigues is a L1 player and McGoldrick is a L2 player.

There's a massive statistical void to fill in terms of goals/assists/key passes etc etc - really hope DMcG can fill the bulk of that, and Sam and Jodi can take it to the next level too.

Ruben was better than 'good' in the National League IMO, he was excellent and one of the very best players in the division.

If L1 proves to be a step too far (which is a valid suggestion, and possibility) then it surely strengths the McG signing who played against these much better defenders and was no doubt closely marked at times and he still did what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Ruben was better than 'good' in the National League IMO, he was excellent and one of the very best players in the division.

If L1 proves to be a step too far (which is a valid suggestion, and possibility) then it surely strengths the McG signing who played against these much better defenders and was no doubt closely marked at times and he still did what he did.
    Agree 100%

Think some people are being harsh on Ruben but the answer is clearly Mcgoldrick.

You didn't need to.

Let's get real we can't expect players to be at their best every game of a 48 game long season.

The narrative of last season shouldn't change just because he left to move to L1.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast