+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: L2 teams I really want us to stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    The fact they were in a position to poach our manager was enough to annoy me - let alone the timing.

Parity will be restored tomorrow.
    Took Mark Cooper away as well (sort of).

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Took Mark Cooper away as well (sort of).
    Rectum
    Grimethorpe, (already done them once).
    Swindon, (6-0 would be nice).
    Bratfud Massive.
    FGR
    Harrogate
    Salford. (Done them once as well).
    Sooty at home, by at least 7-0.
    And of course Mansfield, (4-0 at ML and 0-2 at the W@nk Hall would be deemed acceptable).
    Last edited by countygump; 22-09-2023 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    A sufficient number of L2 teams to get promoted. That would be incredible.

Failing that, a sufficient number of L2 teams to not get demoted. That would be the very worst case base expectation.

Could name a single team I particularly care about beating so long as the table looks right at the end of the season.
    I’m totally with you on this no particular team just keep getting 3 points or 1 if that fails
    Will be a tough game tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I’m totally with you on this no particular team just keep getting 3 points or 1 if that fails
    Will be a tough game tomorrow
    This!

Has to be MK Dons / Franchise FC for me. They've built a very nice, fan-friendly ground and they will now have a young generation of fans who'll have no idea how the club came about, but the way they were created, stealing another club's identity, remains unforgivable within football culture.

I say "within football culture", or perhaps 'soccer culture", because I'm also an NFL fan and in America the idea of teams/franchises changing location is far more routine, but it's a different sport with a different dynamic. Such moves are not necessarily liked, especially by the city losing a team, but are seen as part and parcel of doing business.

Mansfield top of the list by some distance for me.

We have some painful memories to erase, if we take 6 points from them it's 6 points they will drop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345