+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2023/24?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Having a dodgy keeper will not help our cause...
    It never does for anyone.

One dodgy keeper or two?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agree with all that. Of course we will be punished more and it will be harder but it's still L2. I've seen more than my fair share of L2 games it's nowt special or even close.

Personally I love our unique way , it's very refreshing, and will continue to even when we are punished far more than last season. Which lets be honest was over egged on here, mainly concentrating on 'what ifs and nearlys'.

Our weaknesses and risks are well known and easy to spot, and as we all know they massively aid our strengths as shown throughout last season.

Naturally we are more of an unknown quantity (less so unfortunately due to so many televised games) than the teams who operated at L2 level last season.

Let's not forget those sides know all the strengths and weaknesses of each other, and will have sussed each other out due to paying each other in recent seasons. Again it's whether you are good enough to take advantage for all involved.

One thing us fans need to do is have faith, keep our nerve when it goes against us in games at the start. The last thing LW and the boys need is overreaction, nervousness in the stands etc. Trust the process. Trust #radar.
    Yeah, I agree with all that.

As you say, our weaknesses allow our strengths to blossom. If we start defending deeper to counter the threat of balls in behind, we lose our dominance of midfield and ability to overload the opposition when attacking. So you can't really have one without the other. What we could do is strengthen at the back. I love Rawlo, but he's not the ideal choice when playing a high line, and Baldwin is often injured.

But yeah, trust the radar, as you said. And trust LW. There were tons of times last season where if I'd had the power to influence how we play, I 100% would have done things differently, only for the team to prove me and my primitive footballing mind wrong. I was definitely one of the ones shouting 'GERRIT FORWARD!' in the dying moments of the Boreham Wood playoff game, for example. So what do I know.

So yes, we need to keep the faith and not implode if we find ourselves chugging along in midtable. We're so used to extreme seasons where it comes down to the wire that we have no idea how to handle a campaign where not much happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the reaction of some on here if we do fall short of the play-offs. Can guarantee there will be a few who said they are happy with just missing out on the play offs or a mid table finish is ok who will be getting their pitchforks out if we do just miss out on the play offs!
    That is absolutely guaranteed, 100%. It's one of the reasons that a thread on this topic is important, rather than just a poll.

Now obviously folks predictions and prescriptions on Notts and L2 will and should evolve and change throughout the season. But it's important to remember your initial view and prediction and not be tempted to change the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    8th - because it's hard to see us doing better than Nigel Clough's team did last season without having a season to adjust to the higher level.
    This. Like them or not, Mansfield are a decent team at this level with a good manager and plenty of backing. We may be a bigger club, but it seems a bit of a stretch to think we'll waltz into L2 and finish above them. The same goes for Gillingham, MK Dons, Stockport, Bradford, and Wrexham.

8-11th for me.

Mansfailed will no doubt be up there in the promotion mix for most if not all the season. Good manager, good squad, good support for this level, and that all important stability.

But Mansfailed will also very likely choke, it's historically what they do when they have a chance to get the job done and gain promotion.

12th -15th, not going to be easy

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It never does for anyone.

One dodgy keeper or two?
    Two....

Our attackers will destroy teams in this division but sadly our high line will sometimes destroy us so I reckon finishing 6th/7th is where we'll be unless we get that pacey centre back in.

I'm hoping for a late run into the play-offs. Standing by for a slow, disappointing start to the season until we finally realise that we have to strengthen the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Two....
    Then you are in real trouble. Not many sides get promoted, or even get close, with a first choice dodgy keeper

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast