+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Port Vale

You cannot argue with such an emphatic result , Vale started well & it was obvious their game plan was to come out of the traps firing & they did just that but we got through it without damage & grew into the game & then the first bit of real quality from O"Keefe produced the first goal , it was a quality delivery which Devante must have dreamt of & that cross was the catalyst for the rest of the game , our deliveries into the box all afternoon were superb & the lads fed off them with abundance , a special mention for the midfield , after half time Kane , Styles & Russel showed class way above division 1 & I was particularly pleased for Russel who before a ball was kicked this season was & probably still is earmarked for this years scapegoat by the " pack " on another forum , he showed quality & composure & for someone who is supposed to be lazy he managed to pop up here there & every where prompting & probing & orchestrating the midfield . I do not get carried away with one result but when you do see a good performance it is there to be enjoyed & I enjoyed today , lets hope there are some more enjoyable days to come .

Plus ratings 7-0 win3 points
    negatives6 yellows

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    You cannot argue with such an emphatic result , Vale started well & it was obvious their game plan was to come out of the traps firing & they did just that but we got through it without damage & grew into the game & then the first bit of real quality from O"Keefe produced the first goal , it was a quality delivery which Devante must have dreamt of & that cross was the catalyst for the rest of the game , our deliveries into the box all afternoon were superb & the lads fed off them with abundance , a special mention for the midfield , after half time Kane , Styles & Russel showed class way above division 1 & I was particularly pleased for Russel who before a ball was kicked this season was & probably still is earmarked for this years scapegoat by the " pack " on another forum , he showed quality & composure & for someone who is supposed to be lazy he managed to pop up here there & every where prompting & probing & orchestrating the midfield . I do not get carried away with one result but when you do see a good performance it is there to be enjoyed & I enjoyed today , lets hope there are some more enjoyable days to come .
    I'm not sure defensively as yet Shad but that right wing back spot certainly looks better at least going forward .

Both O'Keefe before he went off plus Cotter put in some quality crosses , crosses you dream about as a striker .

Really pleased for the fans today because it's been bloody grim since Wembley .

Pleased for the players and the new HC , what pleased me most wasn't the 7 goals but the fact we were still flying in to tackles and working our butts off at 6-0 up .

Early days and bigger challenges ahead but a great start for the HC who I think needs a good start .

I could be on my own here but I thought Styles was pedestrian and played well within himself in my opinion .

I've seen Styles as all of you have when he was happy to be here and playing very well in that left wing back role .

Smile on his face and enthusiasm in abundance and I saw none of that today .

Just my opinion of course but he was average at best .

Name:  IMG_7995.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  12.6 KB

Barnsley's 7-0 win over Port Vale is the biggest win on the opening weekend of a Football League campaign since 1962-63.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  IMG_7995.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  12.6 KB

Barnsley's 7-0 win over Port Vale is the biggest win on the opening weekend of a Football League campaign since 1962-63.
    Wow .

Been today…. Cotter was brilliant. More tomorrow. Not a defender. What a threatthis lad is

Plus ratings 7-0 win 3 points
    negative ratings 6 yellows

When Liam Kitching makes a darting run in to the box , chests it down and smashes it home with his right foot you know it's your day .

Summary of today is.,.. just not what we expected
    Not at all…..
    to be fair to all involved…
    You just can’t pick the bones out of it……
    Extraordinary.

Move on……. Because that won’t happen again……… everything they touched came off, …..

There’s a few put themselves in the sale room today…

And at half time, I was embarrassed to be 2 up

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast