+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury situation?

As far as I know Pelts Hall Morrison are on one year contracts if they are that's a quarter of those up with little or no returns from all 3. At wages quoted ? mark against those being correct they are on in total that's just under £234.000 up to end of this month no wonder we loaned Kioso & McCart out! Doesn't sound good business how I see it.

It can't be more obvious. If you don't pay competitive wages you don't get the right players. The manager,not excusing the worrying signings of Nombe, Appiah and Green, needs to be cut some slack regarding his defensive signings. Perhaps we should be more questioning of whoever cleared their fitness capabilities.

Originally posted this when the topic was raised in post match thread...

Regards the defenders we signed this season I can kind of see why MT made the gamble he did
    Pelts in his performances last year deserved another year, Morrison was the biggest risk but he's best mates with Pelts and between the pair of them have the experience and leadership qualities needed in the dressing room as much as on the field. Don't think he was ever expected to play more than 50% but that's still a step up from Woody last season. I'm sure MT had fingers crossed that at least one of them would play each game.

Blackett was pretty much an unknown gamble that seems to be paying off and Hall was more than competent at this level before his injury mid season.
    The other option we had was Bailey Wright who we could have had. Looking back it probably would have been a better choice than Hall?

Hjelde would have fit the bill ( CB and LB cover ) and I'm sure MT had sights on him. Leeds just have him overvalued at the minute.

As for 'sicknotes' almost everyone we signed have had tough injury hit careers Cafu and Clucas included. Add those two to Fergy and Lindsay and we could easily be talking about a midfield disaster

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Hall and Morrison were quoted to be on £10,000 a week and Pelts £6,000 ?
    I know. Peeps keep telling me it was quoted. But by who?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    As far as I know Pelts Hall Morrison are on one year contracts if they are that's a quarter of those up with little or no returns from all 3. At wages quoted ? mark against those being correct they are on in total that's just under £234.000 up to end of this month no wonder we loaned Kioso & McCart out! Doesn't sound good business how I see it.
    Pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Pardon?
    Best I can come up with is 13 weeks x 3 players x 6k per week.

Pelts wasn't a risk last year when Warne brought him in, he played majority of tge season. Hall again brought in by Warne and Morrison brought in by MT, looked good for this level but injured more than not. Re-signing Pelts didn't look bad business, it was too big a risk re-signing the other two but then what other options were available on our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Pelts wasn't a risk last year when Warne brought him in, he played majority of tge season. Hall again brought in by Warne and Morrison brought in by MT, looked good for this level but injured more than not. Re-signing Pelts didn't look bad business, it was too big a risk re-signing the other two but then what other options were available on our budget.
    Agree,
    Peltier played 36 games last season, more games than any other season his whole professional career.

Pelts was barely a championship player last season no idea why we resigned him. On wages quoted on here for the sick notes 2 players on £10,000 a week one on £6.000 × each by 13 weeks to get the total wages it's cost the club so far this season up to end of this month.

Managing Rotherham in the championship is one of the hardest jobs in football, so Taylor has my sympathy.
    However, he does seem to have an obsession with centre halves maybe because that was his position who knows.
    Didn't he sign 3 in January, and still didn't play Woody until there was literally no one else, and Wood was fit all season.
    I thought Hall was the best CB last season, and Peltier is obviously Taylor 's "Woody ",so get those 2,but add Morrison as well,obviously a gamble.
    I remember Taylor blaming the training ground on the injuries last season, hasn't that been fixed ?
    Maybe we just been really, really unlucky, if so,we are going to need a lot of luck for the rest of the season.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast