+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Why the heck do people keep quoting Man City? They have the best players money can buy (generally). Yes, we try to play in a similar style but they have bloody good defenders who are also good in attacking play. All the Man City fans should spend time actually watching their "wing backs" and they will see them getting back into a defensive shape as soon as their play breaks down. Christ on a crutch, I have (had) spikes and starting blocks, skimpy shorts and a teeshirt but Usain Bolt keeps beating me? Nemane tries his best but he is not a defender and generally arrives back in his defensive position 15 yards behind everyone else (only because he is committed forward and isn't the fastest).
    The point isnt what they can spend and they dont play wing backs either.

The point is they have a system and buy to suit that system just like Brighton Brentford Us do although we spend much much less.

If we are talking about money and lots of it look at Man Utd/Chelsea they spend HUNDREDS of millions and are nowhere as they are not buying players of the correct fit that is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    What's the point in keeping players who are just not good enough. And also the signing players who are recovering from injuries. Its a business we are running, not some benevolent fund for the permanently crocked..
    Jodi Jones has the worst injury record out of all the signings and he's one of your favourite players. Randalls been extremely unlucky and Morias has been too, to my knowledge they don't have historic issues and look at all the players that have suffered short and long term injuries that have been with is for a long while now, we're just having no luck on that front.
    Agree with Gosling, it's not worked out but we were absolutely desperate and I think if you had polled most fans who to bring in that wasn't contracted with his name on the list I'm pretty sure he would have been the top choice, hindsights great but these decisions at the time have to be made and with a fair amount of risk around them.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Jodi Jones has the worst injury record out of all the signings and he's one of your favourite players. Randalls been extremely unlucky and Morias has been too, to my knowledge they don't have historic issues and look at all the players that have suffered short and long term injuries that have been with is for a long while now, we're just having no luck on that front.
    Agree with Gosling, it's not worked out but we were absolutely desperate and I think if you had polled most fans who to bring in that wasn't contracted with his name on the list I'm pretty sure he would have been the top choice, hindsights great but these decisions at the time have to be made and with a fair amount of risk around them.
    The problem with Gosling is that he was out for a year (after his Achilles injury for Watford last November), and we needed someone who could come in and hit the ground running. He’s not shown any reason why we should sign him in January, and it’s hard to see that changing in the next few weeks.

Not often I say this, but the Vanarama League’s loan system makes a lot more sense than the EFL’s. I can’t understand the logic of not being able to bring emergency loan signings in when your players get injured.

I had never heard of him (Gosling).. And the fact that he hasn't played or had a team all season should have been a warning sign to steer clear..

Has for Jodi, he had recovered from his injury and was fit to play when we signed him...Morias was still injured when we signed him. Randall wasnt fit enough to play and still isn't..

I had never heard of him (Gosling).. And the fact that he hasn't played or had a team all season should have been a warning sign to steer clear..

Has for Jodi, he had recovered from his injury and was fit to play when we signed him...Morias was still injured when we signed him. Randall wasnt fit enough to play and still isn't..
    Tbf Durham I think that’s more on you that you hadn’t heard of him as this guy was a regular in the prem. The reason he hasn’t had a team was his injury not anything else, but obviously that was a risk. It’s not worked and there’s an argument that probably it was a slim chance for any signing to work straight away with no competitive football up to now.
    Morias has had another injury that’s unrelated as have a load of other players and Randall had a car crash, I think it’s a bit unfair to label him a crock for that.

On signing of players, so if there’s one we really like and say they have a sprained ankle keeping them out do we wait for it to heal or sign them to beat someone else possibly coming in?

On signing of players, so if there’s one we really like and say they have a sprained ankle keeping them out do we wait for it to heal or sign them to beat someone else possibly coming in?
    A long way from a ruptured Achilles tendon to a sprained ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    A long way from a ruptured Achilles tendon to a sprained ankle.
    I was on about Morias and Randall who Durham has constantly pinpointed us signing them injured.

I was on about Morias and Randall who Durham has constantly pinpointed us signing them injured.
    Morias had a leg injury when we signed him from Daggers. As for Randall, he wasnt fit when he joined, and from the looks of things he is not likely to be. The car crash is just an excuse, as he was still recovering from a prior injury at that time....We need to get rid of these so as to make funds available for some new (hopefully not injured ) players in January

Morias had a leg injury when we signed him from Daggers. As for Randall, he wasnt fit when he joined, and from the looks of things he is not likely to be. The car crash is just an excuse, as he was still recovering from a prior injury at that time....We need to get rid of these so as to make funds available for some new (hopefully not injured ) players in January
    Have a heart Mr. Scrooge - season of good will and all that

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast