+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    the chance to be in the Premier League in a couple of years.
    Or in League 1 next season playing Notts, it's a big gamble. They're owned by an American hedge fund so they're only interested in skimming off as much cash from the club as they can for their shareholders. Having said that Swansea fans are saying he's being announced as manager before the game on Monday on a 3 year deal done and dusted....

I think they're as much in "the know" as we are

Some Ramsey fella seems to be the favourite after the Spurs coach turned them down. Sounds like a lot of their fans not happy with the Yank investors, possibly a club in a bit of turmoil. Think the Southampton manager gave out about the Swans owners in the week

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Or in League 1 next season playing Notts, it's a big gamble. They're owned by an American hedge fund so they're only interested in skimming off as much cash from the club as they can for their shareholders. Having said that Swansea fans are saying he's being announced as manager before the game on Monday on a 3 year deal done and dusted....

I think they're as much in "the know" as we are
    If that is right, it would be very bad form for Swansea and LW. No way do I think that he would do that, as we have a game with the same kick-off time.

Just more rumour on social media!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Some Ramsey fella seems to be the favourite after the Spurs coach turned them down. Sounds like a lot of their fans not happy with the Yank investors, possibly a club in a bit of turmoil. Think the Southampton manager gave out about the Swans owners in the week
    He is a coach at Man Utd and has worked for the Welsh national team. 31 years old but seems quite highly regarded.

I wonder how many they have approached and been turned down? Over 3 weeks since they sacked the manager.

Some great posts on this thread and they're also right. We would miss him if he goes, he has been excellent so far and has just got through his first so called blip and come out with flying colours. This was important as shows he can get them going again and is well liked by the squad. I also think as others have said that even though it would be a big shame if he left, I'd be gutted, I do trust the owners to make a good decision when it comes to a replacement.

I do think him living in Wales is a factor and would be with anyone moving jobs, I wouldn't begrudge him a move though at all, getting us out of the bottleneck was massive. I really hope he stays though, he's great.

I thought I saw it somewhere that LW is in North Wales, so if that part is correct Nottm would be closer to "home" for him. Anyway, travelling is part & parcel for work nowadays for a lot people

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I thought I saw it somewhere that LW is in North Wales, so if that part is correct Nottm would be closer to "home" for him. Anyway, travelling is part & parcel for work nowadays for a lot people
    I'd heard the same. I used to occasionally work in South Wales which could be a 4 hr journey from Nottm. I have a son who lives just outside Wrectum, which is arguably North Wales & is a 2 hr drive. I know which I'd prefer doing.....

Sheehan's odds now drifting to 6/1, LW now 7/4.

If he's offered the job, I cannot believe he will turn it down. They're 8 pts clear of the drop with almost half a season to play but he also wouldn't be expected to reach the play offs this season. It's about as pressure-free as you could hope for in becoming the boss of a tier 2 club for the first time.

If Luke phoned me and asked for advice I would say to him "Listen Luke, me old mate, you are 42 years old and on the verge of creating a legacy at Notts and enhancing your professional reputation considerably. You have developed what is glaringly obvious as a remarkable team spirit in the dressing room and have the backing of good people who have assurred you the squad will be strengthened where required. Stay where you are and work on this project, you have nothing to lose and at your age, everything to gain."

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    If Luke phoned me and asked for advice I would say to him "Listen Luke, me old mate, you are 42 years old and on the verge of creating a legacy at Notts and enhancing your professional reputation considerably. You have developed what is glaringly obvious as a remarkable team spirit in the dressing room and have the backing of good people who have assurred you the squad will be strengthened where required. Stay where you are and work on this project, you have nothing to lose and at your age, everything to gain."
    What would you say if he replied "fair points, but Swansea are offering a 300% pay rise"?

Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast