+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Best Cafs in Rotherham 70's and 80's

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Attention seeking thread again! What's next 3 best hairdressers ever in Rotherham!
    Yeah the paparazzi have been camped outside my house ever since I posted this attention seeking thread.

It really has catapulted me to stardom.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Probably all the vibration from the bread van
    🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Probably all the vibration from the bread van
    His staying power to get all the way through the week made him very attractive to the ladies.

Probably the Yeast in the bread, its known to make things rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Probably the Yeast in the bread, its known to make things rise.
    https://i.gifer.com/7TOZ.gif

The original Whitehall cafe was at the side of the Whitehall cinema in High st, i remember Mother working there in the early 60's.

The other Whitehall cafe, up the alley up to the church, was brilliant for us students from the College, always extra chips.......1965/66..

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    The original Whitehall cafe was at the side of the Whitehall cinema in High st, i remember Mother working there in the early 60's.

The other Whitehall cafe, up the alley up to the church, was brilliant for us students from the College, always extra chips.......1965/66..
    It was the best caff Rotherham had
    Why can't they do something like that again?

Bit phoenix nights,
    Imagine having a bit of salad on the side and asking for some olive oil?
    "That's for your fkn ears lad"

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    When I was a young-un living in Meadow View, Sunblest man used to come with van
    on our street, my mother used to buy me a Wagon Wheel, which where a decent size.
    Now I can buy 6 a lot smaller for a £1.
    Sunblest man used come on a Saturday morning, on his round.
    ELK, nah. For us in Herringthorpe at the time 64-67 it was the good old Fletchers bakery van with the sliding doors at the back to enter the van.

I recall a fat round man with a beaming smile always glad to greet his customers. The smell of fresh bread and pastries was a right belly warmer to us hungry kids.

My Sister and me, if we were lucky, use to share a custard tart….. on reflection, pure heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, nah. For us in Herringthorpe at the time 64-67 it was the good old Fletchers bakery van with the sliding doors at the back to enter the van.

I recall a fat round man with a beaming smile always glad to greet his customers. The smell of fresh bread and pastries was a right belly warmer to us hungry kids.

My Sister and me, if we were lucky, use to share a custard tart….. on reflection, pure heaven.
    Same here Brin in Rawmarsh with Fletchers and I'd also get a custard tart if I was lucky. The van showed up the same time every day 6 days a week and as you say the smell of the bread was delightful. Oh for those days with milkman, bread man, veg man, ice cream man, pie and peas man. All men, obviously the women in those days had nothing to do

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast