+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tell Me I’m Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    But it wasn't hindsight on here was it. A fair few highlighted the fact last season (I was mentioning points dropped by stupid individual errors half way through last season but got shot down by the "Well we score more goals" people). They couldn't (or wouldn't) see that irrespective of how many goals we score there would come a time when the defensive errors would bite us in the arse. I refuse to believe that LW didn't see the issues but for some reason they were never addressed correctly. LW did start to vent his true feelings just before he left when he started making remarks about decision making and individual errors and not being able to get the team to defend as he wanted. My question to him would be how long had he been unhappy or was it a sudden response to the string of poor play we were dipping into? I also wonder if the apparent inability to strengthen the squad in the right places with his choice of player might have had a small influence on his decision to go?
    I don’t see our problem this season being defensive errors in the aspect of it being defenders constantly giving the ball away or being caught in possession.
    That’s certainly happened at times but the main issue has been losing possession higher up the pitch and leaving our defence totally exposed.
    This new lad from Norwich comes with a very good reputation but put him in a back 3 that is outnumbered by the opposition and he won’t make one jot of difference in terms of how many goals we concede.
    Without a change to the system I actually think more pressure rides on Robertsons shoulders to stop us conceding.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Not hindsight, incompetence on the recruitment team / owners last season, the facts and failings were there for everyone to see
    Apologies, may have come across a bit harsh the last sentence that was there, didn’t mean to be so I’ve amended my post to this.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t see our problem this season being defensive errors in the aspect of it being defenders constantly giving the ball away or being caught in possession.
    That’s certainly happened at times but the main issue has been losing possession higher up the pitch and leaving our defence totally exposed.
    This new lad from Norwich comes with a very good reputation but put him in a back 3 that is outnumbered by the opposition and he won’t make one jot of difference in terms of how many goals we concede.
    Without a change to the system I actually think more pressure rides on Robertsons shoulders to stop us conceding.
    Yes it is a collective issue and a lot of pressure is put on a back three that isn't the most solid under pressure.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345