+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Moderation Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not concerned if I encounter this sort of thing in person, let alone on a forum - I'm old/big enough to deal with it either way (let's face it, the sort of people who piss themselves over players taking a knee, or rainbow laces are rarely intimidating ). I'm just saying what I see is pretty poor and could be easily fixed, although as a newcomer I have little influence, and wouldn't want to spend my own time moderating, so I couldn't logically push the point that much. A house rules sticky would go a long way though, especially if the mods are consistent and deal with things the right way.
    Write one! Let everyone vote on a preview then we’ll put a final one up with amendments.

It’s a good idea. Then whenever anyone crosses the line they can be reprimanded or banned.

Here's a snippet of the FootyMAD rules. Following these to the letter of the law would mean that non-footballing posts would be prohibited. I see nothing in there mentioning Woke.

You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by Footymad on a Forum. You may not: Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Messages or "spam"; Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular security or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any security; Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content; Post or otherwise publish any Messages that contain a virus or other harmful component; Disguise the origin of any Messages Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity; Post or otherwise publish any messages unrelated to the Forum or the Forum's topic; Post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the network or any computer software or equipment; Collect or store other users' personal data for any purpose (commercial or non-commercial); Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums. By submitting messages to any Forum you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Footymad from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any Messages posted or published by you that are in breach of this section 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Why do moderators choose to do what they do?. What are the rewards (if any)? Who chooses the moderators? Who moderates them? Who removes them? Who is the man (sorry person) at the top of this tree? Questions questions. What are the origins of this forum? What money is involved? How much does advertising generate? Nine questions. I look forward to the answers
    None of today’s moderators chose to do it. I certainly didn’t and don’t like it.
    It was because of me running the Matchthread and people trying to ruin it that the previous moderators gave me the tools to delete inappropriate posts.
    They didn’t tell me they’d done it which lead to me banning myself 😂

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Write one! Let everyone vote on a preview then we’ll put a final one up with amendments.

It’s a good idea. Then whenever anyone crosses the line they can be reprimanded or banned.
    Frog, I'll second that but while we are discussing tonight's topic, let me me run this past everyone.

Woke/anti woke, PC opinionated/too much PC opinion, se.xism, misogyny, filth, race, swearing (but not personally directed at someone!),
    ageism, questioning mental ability, you will find these and many more told in a joke that you, I and many others on here have all laughed at some time in our life but, then it's called out on here as unacceptable. How boring would that be where someone daren't quip or tell a joke and be pulled for it? It's all about perception of ones own mind and how you deal with it.

I'm not saying the board is 100% squeaky clean, we don't live on here 24/7 to moderate it but lord knows, I put the hours in and for free just like CAM and Frog.

I'm not saying all posts should be all acceptable but too many have their own agenda/opinion and don't see past a certain point and either won't or don't allow others to have their say and respect their points and therein lies the problem.

All I can say is if anything is openly too offensive in your view, then PM a Mod to look into it so issues can be investigated.

So based on footymad rules I can be as racist, ***ist, homophobic etc as much as i want. I cant supposedly threaten or abuse folks on here yet such messaging goes on all the time yet gets ignored.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how is all this going to encourage new posters? I suppose the only people you might attract is racist, ***ist homophobes . as long as they dont abuse anyone....supposedly...

God i hope this is not typical of footymad sites.

Just to add Owls talk (not footy mad) posters soon get pulled up by the mods for stuff we accept on here. Also other posters on there will call out people putting dodgy stuff on there.

Good for them. A lot better site than this.

VI tal Rotheram also ha its posters playing nicely.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-04-2024 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So based on that I can be as racist, homophobic etc as much as i want. I cant supposedly threaten or abuse folks on here yet such messaging goes on all the time yet gets ignored.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how is all this going to encourage new posters? I suppose the only people you might attract is racist, ***ist homophobes . as long as they dont abuse anyone....
    roly, you've read that all wrong check your PM please.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, I'll second that but while we are discussing tonight's topic, let me me run this past everyone.

Woke/anti woke, PC opinionated/too much PC opinion, se.xism, misogyny, filth, race, swearing (but not personally directed at someone!),
    ageism, questioning mental ability, you will find these and many more told in a joke that you, I and many others on here have all laughed at some time in our life but, then it's called out on here as unacceptable. How boring would that be where someone daren't quip or tell a joke and be pulled for it? It's all about perception of ones own mind and how you deal with it.

I'm not saying the board is 100% squeaky clean, we don't live on here 24/7 to moderate it but lord knows, I put the hours in and for free just like CAM and Frog.

I'm not saying all posts should be all acceptable but too many have their own agenda/opinion and don't see past a certain point and either won't or don't allow others to have their say and respect their points and therein lies the problem.

All I can say is if anything is openly too offensive in your view, then PM a Mod to look into it so issues can be investigated.
    Haha. Funniest post yet.

Where’s Darren Moore when you need him. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    roly, you've read that all wrong check your PM please.
    Take it private. Better still, delete a couple of posts and change the narrative. You’re good at that.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Take it private. Better still, delete a couple of posts and change the narrative. You’re good at that.

lol.
    Is this where I take your bait and say...and unfortunately you never change, remind me again how old you are? There you are I've done it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So based on footymad rules I can be as racist, ***ist, homophobic etc as much as i want. I cant supposedly threaten or abuse folks on here yet such messaging goes on all the time yet gets ignored.

Correct me if I'm wrong but how is all this going to encourage new posters? I suppose the only people you might attract is racist, ***ist homophobes . as long as they dont abuse anyone....
    It’s not going to be acceptable by anyone never mind the mods.

I feel that this board to a larg degree has policed itself for years.

Action against individuals that have been out of order have been dealt with. Some have been banned just for being boring and then reinstated on the back of popular demand only for people to want them banned again.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast