+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Academy news in conjunction with Premier League

Brilliant post Old_pie. You are quite right in questioning why you feel the need to make your statement.
    I think that second merged post titled “Racism at Notts County” should have been more accurately titled “Racism amongst a few Notts County fans”.
    Unfortunately there are some in society who have these views and we at Notts County are not immune.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Brilliant post Old_pie. You are quite right in questioning why you feel the need to make your statement.
    I think that second merged post titled “Racism at Notts County” should have been more accurately titled “Racism amongst a few Notts County fans”.
    Unfortunately there are some in society who have these views and we at Notts County are not immune.
    I didn't see a single racist comment in this thread. Just people expressing concerns about whether it's OK to open job opportunities for certain demographics but not others. This is an important conversation to have, and shutting it down by saying anyone who disagrees with you is "racist" doesn't really help. Not everything is black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I didn't see a single racist comment in this thread. Just people expressing concerns about whether it's OK to open job opportunities for certain demographics but not others. This is an important conversation to have, and shutting it down by saying anyone who disagrees with you is "racist" doesn't really help. Not everything is black and white.
    Agree 110% .... again none as racist than those who cry racist themselves ... amazing how people want inclusivity but don't actually want it!

Well, I would say that if applying for the role of Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach & Academy Analyst was restricted to wa*kers only, there are one or two posters on here that would be able to apply

A lot of surprisingly utopian posts on here!

Do you lot really believe it's always the best person that gets the job?

There are myriad ways that candidates are unfairly selected through:
    Money, threats, influence, power, religion, politics, prestige, looks, nationality, nepotism, friendships, regionalism, privilege, class, gender, ethnicity, etc...

I've seen it happen. And even when the selection process is exemplary, you end up with several candidates who are equally suitable. Then the final choice is made by bias and prejudice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    A lot of surprisingly utopian posts on here!

Do you lot really believe it's always the best person that gets the job?

There are myriad ways that candidates are unfairly selected through:
    Money, threats, influence, power, religion, politics, prestige, looks, nationality, nepotism, friendships, regionalism, privilege, class, gender, ethnicity, etc...

I've seen it happen. And even when the selection process is exemplary, you end up with several candidates who are equally suitable. Then the final choice is made by bias and prejudice!
    And tits.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    And tits.
    Probably covered by looks but certainly worth a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    And tits.
    Have we had any managers who've used that option to get the job? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Have we had any managers who've used that option to get the job? ��
    Steve Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Well, I would say that if applying for the role of Assistant Youth Development Phase Coach & Academy Analyst was restricted to wa*kers only, there are one or two posters on here that would be able to apply
    Yes, we do seem to have a lot of pedestrians don't we?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast