+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The other Notts [Cricket]

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Off to a decent start too.
    A pretty good total of 338/8 from the 50 overs, challenging but not unbeatable.

Another new ball burst from Brett Hutton would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, the team that lost last night wasn't Notts, it was a franchise team. The 3 Notts players who did play for Trent Rockets will play no part in this game. Today's team is largely a mix of fringe players and youngsters.
    Ah, ok, thanks for that. Probably why I had only heard of Samit Patel!

Disappointing in the end, they always seemed to have enough wickets in hand to up the chase. Still a valuable lesson for some of our youngsters.

Just three red ball games left now, and promotion is there for the taking.

This line sums up why I can't get excited over 'The Hundred':

Joe Clarke st Moores b Patel 15

So a Notts batsman is stumped by a Notts wicketkeeper off a Notts bowler!!!!!

I follow the scores out of interest on how Notts players are doing, but this franchise format is garbage.

I follow the scores out of interest on how Notts players are doing, but this franchise format is garbage.
    It’s just daft to be honest.

Things like playing 8 games, when there are only 8 teams. Supposedly it’s for local “rivals” which can be 130 miles away!

I love cricket but just cannot get behind the 16.4

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    It’s just daft to be honest.

Things like playing 8 games, when there are only 8 teams. Supposedly it’s for local “rivals” which can be 130 miles away!

I love cricket but just cannot get behind the 16.4
    One of the reasons I stopped being a member at Trent Bridge. The ECB have thrown everything at this and marginalised the other competitions, no interest in franchise competitions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    One of the reasons I stopped being a member at Trent Bridge. The ECB have thrown everything at this and marginalised the other competitions, no interest in franchise competitions at all.
    We can only hope that Richard Thompson does something about it. He hasn’t been it’s biggest fan. Problem is that the ECB have chucked so much money at it….

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    We can only hope that Richard Thompson does something about it. He hasn’t been it’s biggest fan. Problem is that the ECB have chucked so much money at it….
    The ECB were hoping to sell the format but other countries all have their own T20 leagues and don't want to overcrowd their schedules with something that's not that much different. It's also caused a few divisions between the counties that are hosting it and those who aren't.

It's very strange, loads of people walking to TB in Rocket tops as I made my way to ML yesterday, I find it a bit weird. Mostly kids tbf but a few adults.

I saw that wicket last night, Samit looked very, very happy to take it, don't know if there's an issue between him and JC or just a bit of teammate rivalry/banter. Clarke has struggled for the whole of the tournament I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    It's very strange, loads of people walking to TB in Rocket tops as I made my way to ML yesterday, I find it a bit weird. Mostly kids tbf but a few adults.

I saw that wicket last night, Samit looked very, very happy to take it, don't know if there's an issue between him and JC or just a bit of teammate rivalry/banter. Clarke has struggled for the whole of the tournament I think.
    I went to a Rockets game the other week after my niece said she’d like to go. Despite all the gimmicks, it’s basically just the T20 with even worse names, isn’t it? It did make me smile that the pavilion was the emptiest part of the ground - definitely not one for the purists. Hopefully we’ll get her to a Notts game at Trent Bridge next time.

Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast