+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    How to fix a broken landline?
    With my dealings of BT engineers, he need to have a few others join him to fix it a few weeks down the line. In all seriousness though, I'll be bloody annoyed if it is him. Just feels like we aren't looking to go forward

Not really sure what to think about Maynard tbh. My choice would be Mark Warburton but obviously that won't happen or Warnock would be fine.

Maynard has done a good job on very limited funds. Loan players have been key to keeping his team up. He has not had luxury working with money nor the talent established. But has earned the right that other clubs may be interested in him. But it all rumours. Notts county are not the 1st club rumoured to be interested this season. The 1st club that was again did not approach him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I will be very underwhelmed if it is Maynard and would suspect that a lot of our recruitment will then fall down. I'm not being funny but what will Bostock and co learn from a BT engineer?
    Everything we’ve seen and heard from Bostock suggests he’s a sound enough guy to be able to cope with working under a manager appointed from the same division he was playing in last season, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Everything we’ve seen and heard from Bostock suggests he’s a sound enough guy to be able to cope with working under a manager appointed from the same division he was playing in last season, to be honest.
    I'm not saying Bostock would be an issue, I just don't know what a part time coach could offer him? And any potential new recruits will also look at that and be thinking the same. He's not done anything close to good enough to be an EFL head coach, especially one that wants to get promotion

I'm not saying Bostock would be an issue, I just don't know what a part time coach could offer him? And any potential new recruits will also look at that and be thinking the same. He's not done anything close to good enough to be an EFL head coach, especially one that wants to get promotion
    I know very little about Maynard so I have no idea if he’d be a good appointment or not, but he’s doing a successful job in the division below. It’s a pretty obvious place to look for a manager.

He’s been a coach for more than a decade. The idea he automatically wouldn’t have any useful ideas or be able to teach our players anything because he’s been working at a lower level (the same one last season!) is just insulting IMO.

According to Maynard's Twitter(X) profile, he only has his UEFA B licence. I read that B licence holders can only be appointed as Assistant Managers in the EFL. To be appointed Manager they need to hold an A licence.

With my dealings of BT engineers, he need to have a few others join him to fix it a few weeks down the line. In all seriousness though, I'll be bloody annoyed if it is him. Just feels like we aren't looking to go forward
    Luke Wiliams was a completely underwhelming appointment on paper.
    And if I remember correctly he was about 3rd choice.
    For me, to appoint one of the merry go round league 1-2 managers would be to not look forwards.

I will be very underwhelmed if it is Maynard and would suspect that a lot of our recruitment will then fall down. I'm not being funny but what will Bostock and co learn from a BT engineer?
    So who do you want? I assume you won’t want the u23s managers or assistants that have been touted too?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Luke Wiliams was a completely underwhelming appointment on paper.
    And if I remember correctly he was about 3rd choice.
    For me, to appoint one of the merry go round league 1-2 managers would be to not look forwards.
    Totally agree, people were extremely underwhelmed with LW on the whole.
    I’m not even saying it should be Maynard but think it’s wrong to belittle someone who’s started from the bottom and now has a part time team playing expansive football and has them punching well above their weight, those 2 things are fact.

Page 50 of 62 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast