+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    BTW roly I failed to mention that the woman [Mayor of Heanor] has been dealt with by the Amber Valley Labour Group & she is no longer a Labour Councillor

Dealt with swiftly & properly as it should be
    Can't see it happening with Rees Mogg can you? Just as tasteless arguably worse his crime...

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I'm curious. They're a firm that attempt to invest their clients money wisely. By clients, I mean people - like you and me. Would you have them invest in businesses they think will fail? Would those companies whose 'value has tumbled' be better off if SCM didn't invest in them?

I'm no fan of Jacob Rees Mogg, but you're allowing your dislike of him to cloud your judgement.
    There are many areas for investment without using Coronavirus as a spur
    Somerset Capital Management says investors have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.
    I suppose SCM will take a handsome commission
    When have you ever seen me say that I dislike JRM

If you thought the lines at the grocery store are long... good morning from Los Angeles

Name:  guns.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  45.5 KB

They are obviously not very good judges of 2m or 6'

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    There are many areas for investment without using Coronavirus as a spur
    Somerset Capital Management says investors have a “once in a generation” chance of “super normal returns”.
    I suppose SCM will take a handsome commission
    When have you ever seen me say that I dislike JRM
    I assumed you didn't like Rees Mogg from your comments. Apologies if that's not the case.

Whether we like it or we don't (and most of us don't) Coronavirus is going to be the main driver which affects both gains and losses for investors over the next 12 months. SCM wouldn't be doing a good job for their clients if they didn't recognise that and act on it. Every bank, investment company and financial adviser is going to be looking for exactly the same opportunities. Nobody is going to make this go away any quicker by ignoring any opportunities it might inadvertently present.

I assumed you didn't like Rees Mogg from your comments. Apologies if that's not the case.

Whether we like it or we don't (and most of us don't) Coronavirus is going to be the main driver which affects both gains and losses for investors over the next 12 months. SCM wouldn't be doing a good job for their clients if they didn't recognise that and act on it. Every bank, investment company and financial adviser is going to be looking for exactly the same opportunities. Nobody is going to make this go away any quicker by ignoring any opportunities it might inadvertently present.
    The morality of it? What would you feel if you lost someone close to you with this virus and then you heard this? This sums up what is wrong with the world for me. Greed comes before lives and then the same people will moan if people put stuff on twitter wishing the worse for tory politicians it is rank feckin hypocrasy... No excuse...and it is why we need to get rid of capitalism ...frankly it stinks...

The people who do this sort of thing do not need the money they are hardly in poverty they are stinking rich as it is. It is no better crime than robbing a bank...

How Rees Mogg can sleep at night is beyond me. Perhaps he needs to feel the sharp end of this virus the tw at...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 07-04-2020 at 07:37 PM.

If you would care to keep up with the news you would know that the comments I posted were not originated by me but are from most news agencies including The Mirror,the Guardian,The Mail etc all of whom are firmly in the against camp
    There are companies selling 3 ply face masks for £2 each
    I suppose you think that's ok
    Just taking advantage of the opportunity presenting itself
    Just like SCM .....spivs

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-firm-21814351
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 07-04-2020 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The morality of it? What would you feel if you lost someone close to you with this virus and then you heard this? This sums up what is wrong with the world for me. Greed comes before lives and then the same people will moan if people put stuff on twitter wishing the worse for tory politicians it is rank feckin hypocrasy... No excuse...and it is why we need to get rid of capitalism ...frankly it stinks...

The people who do this sort of thing do not need the money they are hardly in poverty they are stinking rich as it is. It is no better crime than robbing a bank...

How Rees Mogg can sleep at night is beyond me. Perhaps he needs to feel the sharp end of this virus the tw at...
    Disgraceful comment Roly!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Can I ask if you have any investments, or maybe a pension? The companies and organizations that look for opportunities in all situations aren't just working on behalf of the 'stinking rich' as you put it. They're working on behalf of ordinary people who have an ISA or a pension. Would you want the people looking after your investments/pension to avoid any company affected by Coronavirus. If so, they're going to have a pretty short list to work with.

I really don't see where morality comes into it. Who is being harmed by buying shares at a price everyone is happy with? If the shares aren't bought, the value of the company falls even further. Who does that help?

To answer your question, if I lost someone to the virus, I wouldn't give this a thought. They are two completely unconnected things. One is a very personal issue relating to healthcare, the other is a financial issue unconnected to me. Why would I connect the two?

Which bit is the most disgraceful camiller the making of money out of deaths of people or saying the people who do this sort of thing deserve to suffer themselves. ...do you believe Rees Mogg truly cares about the people with this disease or will he just be rubbing his hands thinking there is a good opportunity here to make himself richer. If you think that this ok then that reflects very badly on your sense of morality.

Do some people on here have a sense of morality? I sometimes wonder?

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast